Terminator-Fox's '05 Kawasaki ZX-10R

Terminator-Fux

Two Dollars... Plus Tip
Dec 27, 2009
I've been around sport bikes my whole life as my dad has always ridden and even road raced throughout the 90's. First and foremost I'm a car guy and choose to spend "toy" money on my POS Rustangs. Now this isn't my first ownership of a two wheeled rocket as I had owned a 1972 Honda Trail 50 :riski:

Anywho not even really looking to buy a bike my local Ford dealer had this for at least a few months and really never bothered to look at it. My dad and I went and got lunch on a Saturday and I asked if he wanted to go tire kick this ZX-10R at the Ford dealer. It was just a bone stock Pearl Blazing Orange 10R with 11K miles. Well I beat them up bad on the price and ended up paying a stupid cheap price for the bike and misc fees I couldn't pass up.

Naturally a gradual transition from a 50cc bike was to a 1000cc bike right? :rofl:

Being the end of the season when I got it I didn't even really ride it. Just around the neighborhood. I couldn't leave it alone and detailed the whole thing. Already added a Jardine SS RT-One Slip-On since factory cans are scrap on any bike (sounds amazing BTW). Added a billet muffler hanger and got rid of the rear foot pegs. I may add a solo seat cover since I have no plans to ride two up.

The previous owner took off the massive rear fender/license plate holder and didn't get anything with the bike. Did some research and picked up a Greggs Custom kit. It's extremely nice, light and strong and the internal turn signals on the brackets are very trick.

Looking forward to this coming spring/summer as I have friends that ride and my dad still does.

Some crappy pics for the time being.

Terminator-Fux

Two Dollars... Plus Tip
Dec 27, 2009
You have to many nice toys Steve O!

Thanks Jimmy. Nothing spectacular but I'm single and have no kids. That helps lol.

Nice pick up!

Thanks Wolfey!

Great bikes, had a couple of the younger brother... The 10R is a monster compared to the 636, be careful man. I had an 06 R1 which is similar and it's the only thing yet to date that has scared me on two wheels... Ride safe.

Yeah I'm sure a 600 would've been a better choice but for what I paid for the bike I couldn't go wrong. I still may flip the bike and make a profit but for now I like looking at it. I'm also a puss and probably wont shift out of 1st gear :sad:

Thanks Danimal :wavey:

BS ISF

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 24, 2012
WEST BURBS
congrats on the zx10! 04-05's are complete monster's! one of the first things I would look into in the spring is having the suspension set up for your height and weight. revalving of the front forks also is a must on this model. factory valve settings were some of the biggest complaints by casual riders and track day guys. had a bunch of kawi guys loving this bike once they had it setup correctly. just my $.02

congrats again on a badass bike!

Terminator-Fux

Two Dollars... Plus Tip
Dec 27, 2009
Very nice bike. Congrats on the purchase.

Thanks Dave

congrats on the zx10! 04-05's are complete monster's! one of the first things I would look into in the spring is having the suspension set up for your height and weight. revalving of the front forks also is a must on this model. factory valve settings were some of the biggest complaints by casual riders and track day guys. had a bunch of kawi guys loving this bike once they had it setup correctly. just my $.02

congrats again on a badass bike!

Thanks and duly noted. I have a friend who's ridden a Gen 1 and said it was a monster as well. He even owned a Gen 3 and said the bike scared him and those were also 100lbs heavier than mine.

Sharp looking bike!

50cc to 1000cc? :noes:

Thanks! Logical step up right? :rollpicard:

Sell it to me and go grab a 600. Much better idea.

The bike looks great. The rear looks much better than stock and the color is NOM!

I'd sell lol. I do love the pearl metallic orange as well :cool2:

I had the same. 05 green zx10. Loved the rawness of it. Some pussy ass motherless ****** stole it from me back in 05. It had 750 miles on it along with $1000 worth of aftermarket exhaust and whatnot. Motherfuckers. Nice bike.

Awww man! That sucks :tear:

Nice bike bro, ride safe and enjoy it!

Thanks Will, I'll try my best. Definitely not a mad man and I'm sure I'll never push the bike near it's limits.

Ohhhhh shit, nice!!!

:s00ls: Thanks Conrad!

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
i respected the zx10 more than the other two.

Same here. I had two 929's and an 04 GSXR1k before the zx10. The 10 was monstrously fast and unrefined. The motor made more clattering and the gearbox was loud. Plus it was always trying to buck you off. The throttle was like and on/off switch. This bike scared me. And it was the one I went 186 indicated on. What a ride. I loved my mladin gsxr, but the zx10 was way more fun.

Thread Info