My new Daily Driver

Typhoon

Addict
Sep 25, 2011
The time finally came for me to get something with 4 doors. Unloaded my 08 Cobalt SS and picked up a 13 Taurus SHO. I looked at/drove a bunch of different cars (G8, SS Sedan, SRT8's) before setting on this. One big factor was having AWD. I'm designated essential service personnel at my job so no matter the weather, If I get a call in the middle of the night I have to go. Having heated/cooled seats, sunroof, Nav, backup camera & lane/park assist will make the trip that much better. It also came with the Performance Package and for a car that is so heavy I think it handles pretty damn good. Still getting used to the Sync system but so far it works pretty good. Not totally sold on the wheels yet but they're starting to grow on me.

This is the first Ford I've ever had so we'll see how this goes, but so far I love it. :noes:

IMG_2609_zps41b64f99.jpg

IMG_2610_zpsf7ed4285.jpg

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
Great pickup man! Those are some really nice cars, and I totally agree with the advantages of having AWD for inclement weather.

just couldnt do the FRONT legroom... super cramped.

I have only sat in one years ago when they first came out, and only for about 2 minutes, but from that brief encounter I don't remember having any leg room issues. How tall are you?!? I am 6'2" and felt ok.

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
Is there any serious aftermarket for the new SHOs? Being that the SS is an LS3 there is enough stuff to turn it into a land rocket.

yes and no.

not a TON of stuff for the new SHO... basic bolt ons... some people put on larger turbos.. I think there are only a handful (if that) in the 11s... the trans starts to shit out at that point.

The SS has the same aftermarket as the G8/camaro... so basically 11s,10s,9s can all be done.. whether its bolt ons, cam, supercharger, turbo.. etc etc. A lot of people put on the LSA blower / ZL1 lid setup.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
Congrats on the purchase.

I have a 130 mile round trip commute each day in my Taurus. Great car, extremely comfortable and easy / not boring to drive. Due to traffic I have been in the car for up to 4 hours with no back or leg ache.

Leather seats in these cars are worth their weight in gold.

Thread Info