🔧 BUILD EL MALO Has Arrived

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
After a few weeks of figuring out logistics and getting the car to Chicago, as well as figuring out what I was going to do with it. I would OFFICIALLY like to introduce everyone to EL MALO, My 1969 Oldsmobile F85 W-31. It is a real W-31, ex factory race car from Atlanta, GA and only has 72 documented original miles on it. She's in need of attention, but, I couldn't be more thrilled to have her in my hands now.

Next weekend starts the cosmetic restoration (aka cleaning 40 years of dust from it) and polishing up the original paint. Progress will be VERY slow as I've got some projects ahead of it.

• Love
Reactions: sktchy and Jon01

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Very interesting. I saw your "may never be 'done'" comment on Facebook.

Well... When I originally got the car I planned on putting the 413 smallblock olds I've got into it. But, the more I think about it, I could double the cars miles in a day, and I'm just not sure if I want to do that or let someone else get the car who will treat it as the piece of history it is...

classic cars FTW

congrats on the new OLDS

Thanks man, I'm pretty damn happy to have it in my posession!

That thing has boat loads of potential!

:fy:

It definitely does. I've wanted to get my hands on this car for about two years. Nagging pays off :rofl:

Hate you so much(super jealous). What kind of history do you have on it!?

I have a bunch of random history and a lot of contacts for the guys that used to race it. My goal for the summer is to clean up the car and get the history straightened out on it before the MCACN show in November. I was contacted by the director of the show and they're comp'ing me a spot in the barn finds category as well as a "day two" modified spot for my dad's '69 W-31

So awesome

Thanks <3

:x::x:BIG BLOCK, BIG BLOCK, BIG BLOCK:x::x:

If I say it makes 600 at the flywheel, will a smallblock suffice ;)

Nice! I like the fact that you're leaving the original paint.

There's no way in hell I'd change the paint on the car. That's 2/3 of the value in my opinion!

The Bad

I like it.

The bad one! Lol.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg

Thread Info