The "other" girl..

JeffsLightning

TCG Elite Member
Mar 3, 2004
House of Power
Weather was nice today so I spent some quality time with the "other" girl. She's a 96 Mystic Cobra I bought new in April of 96..:)
ny3ameru.jpg
esu7y3ug.jpg

JeffsLightning

TCG Elite Member
Mar 3, 2004
House of Power
That's not bad at all! I was expecting slower, but I also thought it has less than 305 hp.

The 99 Cobras are the ones Ford lied about..they recalled everyone to reflash the pcm and put exhaust on to get the HP they were suppose to have. I can remember being at dyno events where 99 SS camaros were making 40-50 more HP stock than a 99 Cobra when they were both rated at 320. It was hilarious not to mention how badly they were getting spanked at the track. Ford was so bogged down with the 99 Cobra recalls there were no model year 2000 Cobras other than the Cobra R.

Wolfman

TCG Elite Member
Jul 6, 2010
Evans Mills, New York
The 99 Cobras are the ones Ford lied about..they recalled everyone to reflash the pcm and put exhaust on to get the HP they were suppose to have. I can remember being at dyno events where SS camaros were making 40-50 more HP stock than a 99 Cobra when they were both rated at 320. It was hilarious not to mention how badly they were getting spanked at the track. Ford was so bogged down with the 99 Cobra recalls there were no model year 2000 Cobras other than the Cobra R.

Lol. At least the 300 R's that they made were beasts

Wolfman

TCG Elite Member
Jul 6, 2010
Evans Mills, New York
Yes they are. 5.4's NA with that unique intake is serious eye candy.
Ford was seriously over rating the 99 Cobras and Gm seriously under rating the mighty LS-1....The gm crowd was doing some major whoopass..lol

Lol. Yeah. They had the camaros rated 20-30 hp less than the vettes just to keep the vette owners happy.

Ford got their payback by under rating the terminator lol.

Thread Info