IZZy's 1999 GMC Sierra

IZZy

Wheel and tire tycoon
Dec 15, 2007
So I just picked this up this week, Its a fairly clean single cab, 4.8 V8, 5 speed:eek3: 4WD, 159k miles on it. Looks like this thing has 3.73 gears from the factory and its rated at 5500lbs towing.

Needs a few things like wheel bearings in the front, parking brake cable is broke. I will be upgrading to E rated new tires for towing, sounds like the throwout bearing is making noise too.

Future mods include plastidipping the wheels, smoked headlights, some sort of catback(this thing is super quiet), I am also looking at fender flares and could use some advice about what brand to buy.

Will be using it as a daily driver all year round and also will be using it to tow my cobra around to the local tracks. I bought it from AP Ford thanks to John Gomez aka Beast for helping out with the deal.

Last edited:

IZZy

Wheel and tire tycoon
Dec 15, 2007
Manual trans truck FTW.

Congrats on the new ride

Thanks, being a manual trans definetly made me want to buy this truck

Sounds like a fun truck. Congrats.

Here is the list if you needed more towing info:

http://www.trailerlife.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Trailer-Life-Towing-Guide-1999.pdf

Hmmm that says it only tows 5000lbs. everywhere else I looked Im getting 5500lbs

Classified section yet?

NO

Nice looking truck!

Thank you everyone!

IZZy

Wheel and tire tycoon
Dec 15, 2007
fix that rust now.... trust me. these things rust from the inside. I wouldn't be surprised if it rots through in a year

Yeah Im going to have that small bit of rust fixed before it gets out of hand.

Nice Chebby, turbo yet? :D

lol nope

well that's fucking awesome

Nice truck Izzy!!!

Thanks!

fuck i love those things..

your gonna hate towing with a short wheelbase truck!!

Why is that? not as stable? I am only going to tow around this area, GLD and Byron basically and only a handful of times a year since I can probably drive the car to Byron... street car lol

Very nice Izzy. Funny you are going all GM and I have a lot of Fords now.

lol

Thread Info