So whoever said I'd get rid of the BMW before April 1st was wrong...

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Long winded as always... Haters gon' hate.

I got rid of it on the 2nd! I had NO intention of selling the car, but, while on the Chicagoland F-Body trading post Facebook page last week I saw a guy wanting to trade his 2000 Trans Am for a BMW or Audi. After going back and fourth with the guy for a week exchanging info on the cars and trying to set up a time, I finally got out to him last night and brought home the T/A.

The guy I got it from was the 2nd owner. In the two years that he owned the car he put less than 1,000 miles on it, as he was a truck driver and didn't want to leave it at his yard when he went out on the road for days on end.

My first car was a 2001 Formula, and I've wanted another F-Body for a long time, but never got around to getting one. I loved my Formula, and would still have it if the car didn't get totaled back in 2010 (thanks black ice :( ). Since I've got the 5.0 now and want to concentrate on that for now, I'm going to keep this and let my mom drive it for the summer so she doesn't have to drive around her old suburban lol. IF It's still around by next winter I'd like to do a basic drag setup on it with a cage and all that jazz, as I have NO intention of cutting up the 'stang for that kind of build.

Here's a pic. Disregard the Torque Thrust on the back in the one pic. The guy was test fitting them when he took this picture but it's a lot clearer than the one I snapped last night.

2000 Pontiac Trans Am
135,000 miles.
LS1 with a 4L60E A4 trans
Bone stock down to the air box.

Only "aftermarket" mod is the Firehawk hood. The guy said it's an OEM Firehawk hood. I'll look into that later lol. It was cold last night and I didn't really care too much.

I'm going to try and find a set of firehawk wheels for it, but, if I can't get those, some 98-00 WS6 wheels will be going on it. Just going to do a conservative cat-back and tint the windows for now. Momma's going to be driving it mostly, so, I don't need her racing everybody lmao.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
:fu: I wanted ur bimmer!

Congrats on the fbody tho... :bigthumb:

Thanks bud! You sent that PM about 20 minutes after I went through with the trade hahaha.

Thanks... And :eek3: is right... I never thought the dude would actually to through with it when I threw my car out there as a trade option :rofl:

nice stable you got going there.

Thanks Mook. :) I was MORE than happy with the 5.0 and the Sierra as a daily. If someone would've told me I'd have a Trans Am, new Mustang and a new-ish pick up to daily drive three years ago I would've punched them square in the mouth for grossly overestimating my potential :rofl:

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
So will mama outlaw sell this before july 4th?

It'll still be my car, in my name with my insurance policy on it, so... It would be me selling it lol. I doubt it. She loved my Formula and deserves to drive something cool seeing as me and my pops both have fun/cool rides and she gets "stuck" with the Suburban. It works out great because I definitely don't have the money to put into this and the 5.0, so, it'll keep the car around until I do and not let it turn to shit sitting in the driveway.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
:rofl: for some reason I knew the Bimmer wouldn't last too long. Nice trade man

Thanks Matt!

In other related news... I'm picking up a set of OEM WS6 wheels from [MENTION=3061]Lead Pipe[/MENTION] this evening! Gonna be nice and stock looking for my mom lol. I'm going to give it to her on her birthday, May 9th, so I've got a few weeks to enjoy it :)

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Well... I picked up a set of WS6 wheels from [MENTION=3061]Lead Pipe[/MENTION] tonight. Looks awesome in my opinion. The wheels are OEM from a 98-00 WS6, and were in a storage unit from 2003 until a year ago, and it shows. They're mint! The final thing I want to do the car car (cue flame sesh) is to swap out the Firehawk hood for an real OEM WS6 hood. Despite 99% of people saying I'm an idiot, I love the WS6 hoods, and was never a big fan of the firehawks.

The hood on my car is a true OEM Firehawk hood. I am looking to do an EVEN, no cash exchanged trade for an OEM WS6 hood in the silver color of a 2000 Trans Am. The front bumpers will also need to be swapped over, and the bumper was trimmed professionally to fit the hawk hood and is in great condition. Apparently they're worth like a grand or more, but, I'm willing to take the "short end" of the stick to get what I want without shelling out money or going through the hassle of painting it. If anyone on here has, or knows anybody that has a silver WS6 that would be interested, send 'em my way...

I am shit shocked at how nice this thing is top and bottom. I put it on the lift to check everything over underneath, and there were no surprises, which, never happens to me haha. Well, enough of the banter. Here's some pictures of the car with the new wheels.

Dat bone stock motor doe... hah!

And, after blowing a tire driving it home, and going the rest of the way on a donut with the ENTIRE car full of extra parts the dude gave me, I finally got to drive it to Wal Mart for some wiper blades tonight. It's slow as balls compared to my Coyote, but, since my '01 Formula was hands down the car that started it all for me, I still love it.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
im so jealous right now...

Haha, thanks man. I can't get enough of the WS6 wheels on the car right now.

Just can't wait for that hood... I'm going to bask in the stockness :rofl:

IMG_0044.jpg

ow_640.jpg

Thread Info