Poly Bushing throughout
Apex-i Coilover System
AMS/Wilwood Drag Brake Kit
ARP Extended Wheel Studs
Nitto Invos on Rota SVN wheels for the street
BFG Drag Radials on Stock Evo 8 Wheels for the track
M&H 24.5 8.5x15 Slicks on Rota Slipstreams for the track

Electronics/Tuning
Advance Auto Parts Lawn Mower Battery (the secret behind the power)
Spark Tech Coil On Plug System
Autometer Boost/Oil Pressure Gauges
AEM Wideband
Grimspeed Boost Control
Stock ECU
Tuned @ Geared Up Motorsports
Horsepower Numbers to come soon...

I bought this car almost 4 years ago with intentions on it being "just a driver." Well... that turned into ehhh, a little more power. Next it was well, bigger turbo won't hurt, then motor, then bigger turbo again. We have all been there! Just figured I'd share this with you guys. This car was originally built in my garage, before I had the shop. Since then we've thrown a few stickers on it and done some other modifications here. The most important aspect of this car to me is STREET CAR. Not "street car." I wanted a car with A/C, heat, leather, sunroof, etc. The car could be much faster being turned into a full drag car with ease, but I'll take the comfort and the ability to actually be able to enjoy the car for more than just track days over that. We are looking for power somewhere in the neighborhood of mid 700s to low 800s on our Mustang Dyno depending on how much I decide to turn it up, so hopefully we will have some time soon to get her on the rollers after we finish up a few other loose ends.

Looking forward to getting it out and crusing and hitting the track! Warmer weather is upon us, tracks are opening, all the things we wanna hear over here at Geared Up! Hopefully an open house here soon too!

annnnnd some pictures...

gearedupinc

Jan 14, 2014
Thanks! Didn't get the car finished until the end of last season. Got it out for a test and tune and only ran it @ 35psi easy timing. Made 2 passes, went 11.0@137 driving it like grandma hoping rt66 wouldn't boot me. This year I'd like to crank it up to 45psi or so and throw the slicks on! Maybe toward the end of the year I'll get the itch the spray it. Who knows. Twins on an LS is never a bad thing. Our next project will absolutely be v8 based.

Wolfman

TCG Elite Member
Jul 6, 2010
Evans Mills, New York
Thanks! Didn't get the car finished until the end of last season. Got it out for a test and tune and only ran it @ 35psi easy timing. Made 2 passes, went 11.0@137 driving it like grandma hoping rt66 wouldn't boot me. This year I'd like to crank it up to 45psi or so and throw the slicks on! Maybe toward the end of the year I'll get the itch the spray it. Who knows. Twins on an LS is never a bad thing. Our next project will absolutely be v8 based.

Put a v8 in the Evo if you blow the 4G63. :)

Thread Info