Eagle's 2014 Shelby GT500

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Well... here it is. After all the debate, test drives, sleepless nights and TCG bantering back and forth over my final choice, the GT500 wins.

The car is an 821A package with black w/matte black stripes and the rare glass roof option. I opted to not get the Recaros. Before you all completely lose faith in me, my big arse frame doesn't fit in the Recaros... so the less expensive seats actually fit me much better and still offer plenty of support. So refrain from flipping about it, mmk?

The car hasn't been detailed since delivery, so its a bit dirty in these shots.

Here's some pics:
DSC_0097.JPG

DSC_0031.JPG

DSC_0032.JPG

DSC_0037.JPG

DSC_0038.JPG

DSC_0041.JPG

DSC_0042.JPG

DSC_0044.JPG

DSC_0045.JPG

DSC_0047.JPG

DSC_0048.JPG

DSC_0049.JPG

DSC_0055.JPG

DSC_0057.JPG

The 4.2" center gauge screen is pretty awesome. It does a LOT.
DSC_0066.JPG

Glass roof w/o the shade pulled:
DSC_0067.JPG

Shade pulled:
DSC_0068.JPG

DSC_0070.JPG

DSC_0073.JPG

DSC_0075.JPG

DSC_0076.JPG

DSC_0092.JPG

DSC_0093.JPG

I need new plate ideas! Let me know if yall have any good ideas...

Anyways... there she is. Can't wait for the 1/2 mile and HRPT now!

If you're attending the EPIC DELI MEET TOMORROW, you can see the car up close and in person then! :D

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
The car makes 600lbft @ 2000RPM... the stock tires have no idea what to do with the power, expecially in these temps. I'm planning to put the 295 Mich Pilot Sports out back, its supposed to REALLY help put the power down.

How's it pull? :rofl: It's definitely a 662HP car :rofl:

It's a blast to drive. Still getting used to the notchy T6060 trans/shifter and the stiff clutch pedal, and still taking it easy to break it in for a couple hundred miles (I got it w/11mi on the clock). Maybe by then the temps will warm up and we can see how the stock rubber acts... but I doubt it'll last long.

Plans are... TINTS, tires, rear suspension (not sure from who yet), and mods to open the car up to mid 700s to the tire. Then I'll just drive it. :bigthumb:

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Beautiful car Dan! This is what I voted for on the original poll. I think you made the right choice. Refined and well mannered enough to drive on a daily basis while still a bit gritty for the hot rodder inside you. The Z would have been a good fit too. GTR is an amazing car as well, just didn't seem your style.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
Oh and Dan there is another guy I met a few weeks ago at Fast Eddies with your car's twin. He lives in that legend Lakes subdivison over where we used to live. He never heard of TCG, but wants to come out. Plus my boss has another twin of your car too. Thats all I seem to see around here is black on black.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Oh and Dan there is another guy I met a few weeks ago at Fast Eddies with your car's twin. He lives in that legend Lakes subdivison over where we used to live. He never heard of TCG, but wants to come out. Plus my boss has another twin of your car too. Thats all I seem to see around here is black on black.

After I signed for the car, the GM @ the dealer offered to give me the name of a 3rd party reseller that would buy the car off me for $5k over sticker. I guess the black/black cars are very popluar and the glass roof is desirable too. :dunno:

Thread Info