New Daily - VW Content! V2.0

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
My trusty rusty SSEi had a bit of a head on collision with a telephone pole a month and half ago. I had that car 9 years and put 90,000 miles on it. Based on the value of the car, and how it would affect my future rates I decided against filing a claim and went out and bought a car. I got a certified pre-owned, 2011 Carbon Steel Gray VW GTI, 43K miles, Sunroof, touchscreen audio, iPod integration, bluetooth, six speed manual. This is my first stick car so it has been interesting, but it's starting to be pretty fun. So far I've rigged up a removable front plate mount with toggle bolts through the lower air dam, and replaced the amber side markers with tinted ones. I have some red led's in the mail for the really dim footwell lighting that is always on when your headlights are on, and am ordering an ECS adjustable short throw shifter and their polyurethane dog bone mount insert tomorrow. Other than that I think I may do the H&R cup kit that drops it 1.2" and get a summer wheel and tire setup for it. Kiiiind of want to do the APR stage 1 setup with tune and intake which is good for ~260hp to the wheels but we'll see. I really am just happy to have something that get's better mileage and is a smooth ride. I've averaged 26-27mpg calculated at the pump on my last 2 tanks.

D71_4154.jpg

D71_4151.jpg

D71_4149.jpg

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
Anything left of the ole girl?

Oh yea. It's in my parents driveway. It'll get stripped down and parted out once it's nicer out and my dad bothers me about it more. Hit the pole with the passenger headlight and pushed the fender over the a pillar. They're pretty excited seeing as they already have a 91 civic hatch next to their garage, so a crashed Bonneville in the driveway just ups their white trash game another level.

Thread Info