1999 BMW 528i

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
I used to have one of these back when I first joined TCG... loved it, but moved on to other things. Well, after my FIRST day back of work this season I used $80 in fuel at 12 MPG in my Sierra, which was disgusting. I decided to get another "commuter" car. I averaged high 20's to the gallon in my previous one, and, since you can buy them for the same price as a civic and they've always been dead on reliable for me, decided to get another.

1999 528i Automatic. 130,000 miles. Very clean inside and out. Got it from a guy that needed to sell a bunch of his cars so the price was right. Even if I sell it in a year and get my money back, I'll have probably saved a few grand on fuel. ( Average fuel bill for the month for me is $800-$1,000... Fuck my life)

1922286_10152212412234589_1537697561_n.jpg

The wheels NEED TO GO, I'll be finding an OEM set sooner rather than later. Other than that, It needs a front tie rod and sway bar end links out back. No mechanical surprises. Battery was a few years old so I put an interstate in it right when I got back to the shop. Power everything, heated seats, heated steering wheel, etc etc... Sunroof is stuck but it's closed and sealed. I'll get to that once it's warmer out and I actually give a shit. :rofl:

InB4IsItForSaleYet

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Nice pickup. Those I6 see pretty good gas mileage for the amount of weight they pulling.

I'm averaging 23 so far this tank according to the lie-o-meter... None of that highway and I had it running for an hour or so having a talk with someone last night. Not dissapointed at all.

nononono, he doesn't realize it yet, but that Sierra will meet an untimely death one way or another, and he will have a 5 series, and an LS Drivetrain....

And then he will find this URL:

E39 I6 LS Swap kit

and forever be broke.

Lol, as awesome as that would be, no. This car is staying as is. I've got a small 10" sub that has been in a few past cars that I'm going to wire in, change the wheels (try and trade these for stock BMW wheels off a newer body style 5-series), and re tint the windows because they're fading out pretty bad.. That's it besides maintenence. I won't have the car forever so no need to dump money into it.

Thread Info