Slow 2014 Mustang GT Thread

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Figured I'd make a place to put my ideas out there for the car. This will probably be incredibly boring for the next couple months because I don't plan on doing much with the car until April/May. I'm not looking to kill my factory warranty at the moment, so the car is going to stay mostly bolt-on for the time being with a lot of aesthetic modifications that I've had in mind for a while. I don't really care about drag times with this car, or I would've bought an F-Body and done a [MENTION=3559]School Boy[/MENTION] setup, and want something that's just an absolute blast to go straight down the highway as it is a DE at Blackhawk.

These pictures were taken from a thread on a VW forum, as it was easiest for me to show everything as this guys car is Oxford White so he did the leg work finding the pictures on white cars.

Exterior:
-Hood vents painted satin black.

-Rear lip spolier painted satin black.
-Roof vinyl wrapped satin black.

-Rousch Foglight Bezle and Upper grille

Interior:
-Alcantara Shift boot and E-brake boot

Suspension:
-FRPP K Springs
OR
-Eibach Coilovers
-BMR PHB

-MORE TO COME

Performance:
-Cobra Jet Intake Manifold
-CAI
-Tune
-X pipe
-Axle Back

I still have not figured out what I'm doing as far as the exhaust, I just know that those are the parts going on.

Last edited:

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I'm going a different route since my car is black :p, but no warranty voiders on my list either.

black FR500s (going to plastidip my stockers till that happens)
DRs
Tint
Boss key
Gt500 muffs (I'd like the rear bezel and tips too)
Tinted taillight inserts
Cue ball shifter
GT500 spoiler
Recaros eventually.

I'd like to do Roots blown FI one day down the road, so I'd probably go:
boss intake mani since they will probably become more cheaply available with the new CJ intake out.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Picked up another piece of the puzzle... Found a good deal on GT500 mufflers on the coyote trading group on FB... New take off's, no miles.

Thanks to [MENTION=5219]ZXMustang[/MENTION] for the heads up they were for sale... I would've missed the post completely. Now, unfortunately, I will not be buying any more mods until early spring. The gun and snowmobile purchases dug Into the bank acct a bit more than I would have liked, so, the mustang will have to wait until my work season starts to pick up speed once again.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
Picked up another piece of the puzzle... Found a good deal on GT500 mufflers on the coyote trading group on FB... New take off's, no miles.

Thanks to [MENTION=5219]ZXMustang[/MENTION] for the heads up they were for sale... I would've missed the post completely. Now, unfortunately, I will not be buying any more mods until early spring. The gun and snowmobile purchases dug Into the bank acct a bit more than I would have liked, so, the mustang will have to wait until my work season starts to pick up speed once again.

Awesome Frank. Now pickup that gt500 rear valance from tousley ford parts for cost and it will look dope. Or you could live dangerously and try to cut your stock rear on your own. That scares me though. Glad it worked out. It was a shot in the dark tagging you on that. Lol.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Valance ordered! Going to be getting the "K" springs and BMR Panhard bar next week as well. Time to blow the dust off this cunt and start putting some of this stuff on :D

Valance and quad tips gonna look awesome.

132614d1363212923-photoshop-help-needed-rear-diffuser-gt500-diffuser.jpg

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Well, I found the "K" springs for a screaming deal just now, so I ordered those and the BMR Single adjustable Panhard bar as well. Dis gon be good.
[MENTION=5219]ZXMustang[/MENTION] that place you linked me to, AutoNation Ford has the best prices I've ever seen on this stuff... My mind says no, but the valance and K springs for $330.00 is like a sore dick, ya can't beat it!

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
Well, I found the "K" springs for a screaming deal just now, so I ordered those and the BMR Single adjustable Panhard bar as well. Dis gon be good.
[MENTION=5219]ZXMustang[/MENTION] that place you linked me to, AutoNation Ford has the best prices I've ever seen on this stuff... My mind says no, but the valance and K springs for $330.00 is like a sore dick, ya can't beat it!
Fuck ya man. Those K Springs are the best. Enough drop plus they ride like stock. I have a few things on order too. That cdc grille that's like the open gt500 one but without the snake on it. And the gtcs fogs that go in the corners and replace those fake black block off plates. Plus the springs like yours too. And maybe something big too.......

Thread Info