So I might have been Egging Outlaw on...

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Awesome. Well done!

Thanks, Been keeping it quiet until today, wanted to surprise syP because we all went racing today (and it was supposed to just be Me, [MENTION=4700]Miss Esa[/MENTION], and the Mini)

Nice ride. Really glad it's not a vert.

I was originally shopping for another 08/09 Vert, because I'm still a huge fan of them... But the pricing just never fell out this year, I was looking at spending about 21/22K for a good semi-local example, which was a bitter pill to swallow when I paid $17,500 for my last 06 GT Vert....

I noticed that 11 GT coupes were falling into the same price range, and felt like "I'd have to be stupid to pick a convertible over a more refined power train and 120hp..."

Then I noticed there were $3000 worth of Incentives Miss Esa and I were eligible for on a 14.... True Car had listed base GT's at $26,800 (about 15% under MSRP), which was just nuts... Found this car (Total base black on black GT), and they were willing to match True car, and the test drive blew my mind... Made my 06 feel like I was driving a dump truck.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
So wait, you got that for $26,800?

Jeeeeezus the Mustang is such a value.

Honestly.... I got it for 27,099... The dealer VIN Etched all there cars to the tune of $299.... Which is bullshit, but base cars are not super common, so I just dealt with it. Still a screaming good deal at about $4,500 under MSRP IMO.

By the way, There was a 07ish 335XI Sedan that was running 12.8's side by side with me all day with a FMIC. TOTALLY impressed.

P40E

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2012
Less than a week old , beautiful sunny day , and your car is dirty as hell . lol . Wish I went to gld today went to Byron and somebody laid shit all over the track at about 130 had to wait like an hour and a half to run . Then the line was cold as hell for a while . Goy my best e.t. and mph to date though . Byron officially closed till the hangover races .

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
So wait, you got that for $26,800?

Jeeeeezus the Mustang is such a value.

Congrats on the pickup. I'm jelly.

Yeah, I couldn't say no either lol. And on top of the value, I'm more than impressed with the build quality of the car itself. I paid for mine what a base GT goes for with zero options... 300A, no sync, no nothing. Couldn't say no as I'd wanted one for a long time.

Congrats again Das, and thank you for making me spend my money oh so wisely :rofl:

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Nice ride DASFINC

Are they giving out even better deals on new 13's or are those non existent?

There are a few brand new 13's floating around (Like the 2 Roush's at the dealer where I got my car), but they all look to be nearly 1000 miles away, or have an undesirable color combo (Like Black with the Saddle colored interior, or the gottahaveitgreen with white interior)

Cars for Sale: 2013 Ford Mustang GT in Niles, IL 60714: Coupe Details - 323783208 - AutoTrader.com

Whats this true car shit?

www.truecar.com

Banned in a couple of states for 'price fixing', still legal in IL. Flat rate under MSRP pricing for brand new cars, always very aggressive, no hagglin. Not all dealers participate, but when a dealer has the car you want, it makes it VERY easy to go in and say with confidence "This dealer will sell it to me for $X, if you can't match it, I'm going there instead".

The catch 22 is that if the dealer that will honor that price doesn't have the exact car you want in stock, they either have to order it, or try and transfer it from the dealer you may have just walked out of. Hasn't been an issue, and its how we bought [MENTION=4700]Miss Esa[/MENTION]'s cooper for about $2k under MSRP.

Yeah, I couldn't say no either lol. And on top of the value, I'm more than impressed with the build quality of the car itself. I paid for mine what a base GT goes for with zero options... 300A, no sync, no nothing. Couldn't say no as I'd wanted one for a long time.

Congrats again Das, and thank you for making me spend my money oh so wisely :rofl:

You're welcome, and I have to be honest... I had NO IDEA these things ran 12's without the Track Pack, I wonder what yours will pull with 3.73's and the better diff if I can snap off a 12.8 when its 45 degrees outside...

Also X2 on the build quality, its nice to see soft touch plastics on the dash cowl, arm rest, etc, etc. Like I said earlier, this car makes my 06 GT seem like it was a dump truck.

Thread Info