New Daily v.PimpZeeAuto

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
It is at this point that James has probably jumped off the nearest cliff or sold my turbo regal for scrap, but for the rest of you I'd like to share my new daily.

2013 VW Jetta TDI premium w/ DSG. Blue metallic with a 2 tone Beige and black interior. Everything but navi.

Sorry for the glare, sun was coming right at the car. S3 ftl

2 tanks on a brand new car and I average 40 the first and almost 44 the second, pump calculated and verified. That's with about 60% highway and 40% city as well as bumper to bumper traffic some mornings.

Really like the car and glad I went with it versus the cruze or other cars in its class. I got an insane deal on it, so that made the decision even more of an easy choice. Easily the largest car in terms of passenger space as well as trunk space and the DSG is actually fun once you get used to how weird it operates.

Going on a long road trip with it next week to MI, hoping to avg almost 50mpg for the whole thing.

Next up- hellaflush or something like that, whatever it is

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
Just curious but why the jetta over the golf?

Congrats! Love me some tdi

- After test driving the two the jetta felt more like a german midsized car both from a driving position as well as on the road.

- golf 4 door wasn't as practical

- golf felt weird inside, like the roof was 2 feet above your head

- they were offering great deals on the jetta, thousands better than similar equipped golf

I'd be interested in the 2015 tdi that's like a gti and its supposed to be fun... but otherwise happy with the jetta choice!

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Totally doable. Here are my stats from a Passat TDI road trip.

Chicago to DC
Time: 11 hours, 32 minutes
Trip computer mpg: 53.8 mpg
Fill-up calculation: NA from tank spillage
Trip miles: 713.1 miles
Average speed: 62 mph
Outside temp.: 74 degrees

DC to Chicago
Time: 12 hours, 9 minutes
Trip computer mpg: 51.2 mpg
Fill-up calculation: 51.7 mpg
Trip miles: 738.8 miles
Average speed: 61 mph
Outside temp.: 63 degrees

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
Gotta update this with all the new veedubbers around tcg now

Almost at 7k miles, still have YET to get a tank under 40mpg pump verified, even with some tanks being 50/50 city/highway.

Took a trip recently to cinci and on the way down doing 70-75 most of the way still averaged 48mpg. gf drove back and doing likely 75-80mph or more she averaged 44mpg.

I'm looking into doing some basic exterior mods, LED lights, tint, debadge, black out VW badges. Honestly I'd love to do some coilovers and a 18" rim/tire combo and the car would be pretty much 100% the way I want it, but thats big $$$ even though its relatively not. Maybe just a set of spacers and some lowering springs.

Either way I plan to keep this car for a long time, I've rented a dozen different cars nows on business trips and nothing makes me happier than getting home and driving the TDI

Thread Info