Detailing the Cobra [Completed Pics on Page 2]

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
This has been much needed and I am finally getting around to it this year. I just finished up with the final polish and ready to hit it with a couple coats of wax. Wheels are washed and need to be polished and waxed.

- Soak with Foam Gum
- 2 Bucket Wash
- Clay Bar with 3M Perfect-It & Ultima Waterless Wash
- Meguiar's Mirror Glaze Fine-Cut Polish 2 w/ Orange Pad @6K PCDAP (First time working with this polish and I love the results. It has a cut rating of 5 and is very easy to work with. It does dust pretty well, but what doesn't.)
- Mezerna Final Polish II w/ White Pad @ 5K PCDAP
- Poor Boys Natty's Paste Wax Red (Not Done Yet)
- Collinite 845 Insulator Wax (Not Done Yet)

IMG_2007_zps448665a3.jpg

Wheels are washed, just need to polish and wax them.

IMG_2004_zps7569da1a.jpg

IMG_2003_zps94da08a4.jpg

IMG_2002_zps7fd608f2.jpg

IMG_2001_zps472f4f4e.jpg

IMG_2000_zpsa98ff944.jpg

IMG_1999_zpse2a39a4d.jpg

IMG_1994_zps76b426a9.jpg

IMG_1993_zpsb17f30df.jpg

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
[MENTION=344]Gav'sPurpleZ[/MENTION]

:s00ls:

Looks good Jim. Any reason you are going over the nattys with the 845? I have applied 845 to my dads truck twice my truck once my moms car twice and my dads vette twice and I think ive used 1.5oz out of 16. Excellent bang for the buck

come to think of it, any reason why you went with a 2 step polishing process ?
a medium cut polish with an orange pad leave a haze ?

i never had hazing issues even with an old school yellow cutting pad and menzerna IP.

I use the super intensive polish now with a white polishing pad ( better results than with an orange cutting pad ) and it works great. no need for a final polish...at least on most vehicles.

barney usally get vanilla moose wax glaze as a 2nd step before wolfgang concourse :jg:

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Looks great, that collinite wax is awesome stuff

I love 845! It has great durability and is easy to use.

Do mine next?

Not really!

how much to do mine before i put it away :rofl:

I would actually quote you out, but I have no time. :rofl: I have been spreading this over a few days making it into the garage when I have a few free minutes.

Is it sad that I was impressed with the box cribbing ???

I love the cribbings. I leave them under the car since it has been up in the garage for a while and my wife/kids are always walking through there to get outside.

Looks good Jim. Any reason you are going over the nattys with the 845? I have applied 845 to my dads truck twice my truck once my moms car twice and my dads vette twice and I think ive used 1.5oz out of 16. Excellent bang for the buck

I am going over the Natty's for the extra durability. I am doing the Natty's first to get the paint to really pop.

:s00ls:

come to think of it, any reason why you went with a 2 step polishing process ?
a medium cut polish with an orange pad leave a haze ?

i never had hazing issues even with an old school yellow cutting pad and menzerna IP.

I use the super intensive polish now with a white polishing pad ( better results than with an orange cutting pad ) and it works great. no need for a final polish...at least on most vehicles.

barney usally get vanilla moose wax glaze as a 2nd step before wolfgang concourse :jg:

I realized that when I finished with the 1st polish I did not have to do the 2nd step, but I figured I would anyway. I have really neglected this car the past year so I am doing extra pampering.

Thread Info