Back in the game for this guy

DJ

Forum Sponsor
Oct 20, 2005
As many of you may know my name is DJ and I was blownsnake on all of the forums years before Stoked Graphics came along. I had a MG 03 cobra but had to sell it after I got out of the Marine Corp for financial reasons. Finally today I was able to be in a position to buy another mustang. I met a great guy today on a craigslist ad with a red 94 GT that I drove away with. It does have a few small issues but for the money I was looking at I couldn't ask for more. Has some body things I need to take care of but no rust. Has a hanging rpm between shifts that I will need to take of immediately. Sounds like I can't drive a car the way it is. I will post up pictures tomorrow when it is light out.

For the mods:
95 Cobra motor
Obviously the GT40 heads (stock on the Cobra)
f303 cam
edelbrock intake
bbk 70 mm TB
pro-m 77 maf
1.6 rr
mac headers
bbk mid pipe
flowmasters behind that
summit distributor
smog delete
king cobra clutch
frpp aluminum drive shaft
frpp 3.73 gears
ud pullies
bbk 155 gph fuel pump
24# injectors

If anyone has ideas for the idling throw them out. It is 100% not a vacuum leak.

DJ

Forum Sponsor
Oct 20, 2005
Sorry for the delay but here are the pictures. Interior is incredibly clean for the year. Like I said the exterior has its flaws. The driver fender has a dent but it came with a good condition yellow fender not installed.

image2smu.jpg

image1egc.jpg

photoulk.jpg

imagehapq.jpg

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
Nice pick up! The interior looks great!

As for the idle... How do you 100% know its not vac related? Is it consistent, or does it change under various conditions? The gasket between the upper and the lower pretty commonly has issues. Stock computer? Possibly tune related? Def clean the IAC

DJ

Forum Sponsor
Oct 20, 2005
The guy I bought it from actually seemed like he has turned a wrench before. Hard to believe I know. I was at his house near an hour just shooting the shit. He sold this because he bought a really clean fox body. He said he has been trying to trace this problem for a while. Even pulled the top end apart. He really believed that it was a vacuum leak. I am 99% sure he said the IAC is brand new because he thought that was the problem. I am sure he said that he cleaned the IAC, MAF, and TPS.

The idle does not fluctuate very much but I noticed on the highway that if you hold the pedal in one spot it acts like a fluctuating idle, really annoying. It would speed up two miles an hour and then stop for a second, and then do it again.

DJ

Forum Sponsor
Oct 20, 2005
Well did a few mods since I bought it. Found out it had tubular lower controls arms (not sure on the brand) installed a new pair of UPR adjustable uppers and hardened hardware. Put on Mach 1 springs, struts, and shocks on the corners. I had to take out a coil on the springs because it was sitting a little higher than what I wanted. I also replaced the headlights with stock clear cobra lights.

Next is wheels and tires!!!

Bub

Pitter Patter
TCG Premium
Sep 4, 2012
Spring Grove
Well did a few mods since I bought it. Found out it had tubular lower controls arms (not sure on the brand) installed a new pair of UPR adjustable uppers and hardened hardware. Put on Mach 1 springs, struts, and shocks on the corners. I had to take out a coil on the springs because it was sitting a little higher than what I wanted. I also replaced the headlights with stock clear cobra lights.

Next is wheels and tires!!!

so that's with 1 coil cut huh??? i'm a huge fan of that. I will be doing this to mine for sure. how was your alignment?

Thread Info