time for the donor

The Bluegrass Nomad

Five-oh ho no mo
Feb 4, 2011
Sadieville, KY
Turd Gen Round II

Well, its been one hell of a week. On Monday, I was set up to pick up a 2002 Silverado as a daily and was anxious and excited. That is until my co signer changed their mind THE DAY I was to sign and drive away in it, and unfortunately, I had to cancel. I was pissed, but that's a different story.

With cars on the brain, I decided to stop by my parents to check on my project and clean up the interior a bit. For those that don't know, it's a 1991 Camaro RS. As I sat down in the drivers seat, I heard a snap and my drivers seat sank to the left about 2 inches. I knew there was some rust on the underside, but had no idea it was this bad. I did some research and it will cost over 1500 dollars to fix the floorboard. So, instead of blowing my money, I found a donor car to swap parts over to.

It's a 1988 Camaro with a spotless underside. Its from the south and there is not a spot of rust under it. unfortunately, its a t-top car, so the first upgrade will be sub-frame connectors, and i will swap over the interior from mine to the new one. It does run but both the trans and engine are trash.

New project pictures to come.:pedobear:

Last edited:

The Bluegrass Nomad

Five-oh ho no mo
Feb 4, 2011
Sadieville, KY
This will be the before picture
IMAG0647_zpsadbd5cd1.jpg
[/IMG]

The Bluegrass Nomad

Five-oh ho no mo
Feb 4, 2011
Sadieville, KY
I now know that for going forward. That will happen as well as some undercutting asap. I understand that a lot of the underside rust on the third Gens are due to body flex which splits the spot welds and it then goes to hell from there. Will try to prevent that from happening this time around.

On a side note , I'm looking for t top seals for cheap. Cheapest I've found were 250 plus shipping. Does anyone know where I can get them for as little as possible?

LSx S10

TCG Elite Member
Nov 15, 2007
Lombard, IL
I now know that for going forward. That will happen as well as some undercutting asap. I understand that a lot of the underside rust on the third Gens are due to body flex which splits the spot welds and it then goes to hell from there. Will try to prevent that from happening this time around.

On a side note , I'm looking for t top seals for cheap. Cheapest I've found were 250 plus shipping. Does anyone know where I can get them for as little as possible?

Rockauto has them for a little bit cheaper.

RockAutoPartsCatalog_zps853e6e78.png

Thread Info