Here's my introduction. LOTS of pics...LOTS of information.

B serious

Regular
Jan 18, 2009
ILLNOISE
I'm new here. I'm pretty sure this is mostly a domestic site...but my friend told me that there were some good argumentz of the internetz variety on here. So why not.

I haven't owned any domestics. But here's kind of a timeline of what I have owned.

My first car was a S13 (240sx). It started out stock. I ran a 15.3 with just a cone filter, exhaust, and LSD. I didn't think it was so bad for a 140hp car...

Obviously, in these pics it's not stock. It had an SR20DET engine swap, suspension work, 5 lug conversion, etc. etc. it goes on and on. I had the car for 6 years. BTW, don't act like I didn't start the whole headlight thing. I bought some housings from ebay, cut them down, plexi-glassed them, put HIDs inside of them, made custom brackets, modified the headlight buckets, and added yellow aux. lights. I blazed new trails.

All that for some damn headlights? Yes. Hard parking has it's prices.

DSC05078.jpg

DSC05083.jpg

P1010019.jpg

lol...my dad backed up into it coming out of the driveway. I couldn't be too mad. It was his birthday...so the old man was just getting older haha. He'll be driving into the convenient store's front door soon.

P1010003.jpg

While owning this car, I had 3 different daily drivers (one at a time). They were all civic hatchboxes. One was a 90, then a 93, then a 99. They were all engine swapped (by me) and had other suspension work and brake work done (by me). Friends helped, obviously.

This is my '90 when my friend owned it. It was way more rad when I owned it. The stock motor burned more oil than it did gas. On trips to ND, I would burn through 1qt of oil every 100 miles. It came in handy for tail gaters. Drop a gear and disappear into a fog.

I used to start it up in the middle of the winter and instantly start driving at 7k RPM till it warmed up. I put 20W50 in it to pass emissions...along with 2 bottles of motor honey.

I swapped the engine out for one from a 94 Del sol Si that I got for cheap from my insane friend. It was surprisingly fast. Def. in the 14s for no good reason.

It came full circle..because I sold the same friend the car later on with a different engine in it for real cheap. I kept the del sol engine to put into my next car.

ybault2.jpg

I miss that car. My mom bought it for me because she wanted me to have something to drive in the winter/daily.

My next car was a 93 hatch. I don't have pics of my 93...but rest assured it was awesome. I had the del sol engine in it for a while....and refused to change the timing belt. The car had seen 8k RPM many times downshifting into corners and it was driven hard every day. Average RPM while driving was like 7k lol.

Needless to say...the T-belt broke (at 128k) while driving normally, ironically.

I bought a B16A (DOHC VTEC 170 HP 1.6L) engine swap. I found an CTR 5 lug and a bunch of other parts at a junkyard on a theft recovery car. All the parts put together probably totaled out at $3-4k if you paid retail. I paid $350. The theives weren't very thorough. So this car was rolling TOUGH for a month or two.

The chassis was getting ratty...so I traded up to a 99 hatch. I loved the 99. I miss it a lot as well. It too started out bone stock. 95k miles. Lady owned. All maint. records from Honda. No rust anywhere. It had rustproofing allready done. I swapped everything over from the 93.

Anyway......

CIVIC3-1.jpg

CIVIC5.jpg

CIVIC18.jpg

I got S2000 fever when I drove my friend's S2000. I had kind of inherited my mom's old (00) Galant. So I put my civic and my S13 up for sale to cover the S2000's price. I drove the Galant as a DD. The civic sold instantly. This is what it looked with the new owner. He did a good job.

234e_12.jpg

576a_12.jpg

I picked up a bone stock S2000 in the color I wanted, in ABSOLUTELY perfect condition...not a scratch/door ding/dent on it. Never been driven in the winter. Only 18k miles. Owned by a rich old guy. Perfect.

I don't have any pics of that car stock...I took it to Road America bone stock about 8 days after buying it. After passing a few EVOs, Vettes, Bimmers, Audis, etc. on the track....I was REALLY impressed.

I still hadn't sold my S13. So I was paying stupid ass car payments.

I put some SKUNK2 lowering springs on it about 1 week after that since the notion of me driving a stock car seems impossible. I also added city lights as I had never seen that done to a S2000.
P1010001.jpg

CITYLIGHTS42.jpg

I really like this picture.

CITYLIGHTS45-4.jpg

It's lowered and has a factory lip that I bought...but everything else is stock. It gets stored in the winters. It's in the driveway in the picture only because I let it run for 20 mins weekly over the storage period.

mys2k9.jpg

I had finally sold my S13...and life was good. I got my title for my S2000 in the mail...all $20,500 was paid off to the man. lol.

I was also discovering that Galants suck. I don't know how my mom put up with this car for so long without buying the VW bug she wanted in the first place. Replaced inner tie rods in 40k miles. Went bad again at 65k miles. Engine was making LOUD valve noises at start up for no reason. The maintenance was always meticulously done. The paint was fading and crackling. etc. etc. etc. Plus it was automatic and boring. The car sucked.

So I bought a 99 GS-R. I had been known for getting lucky on car stuff. I saw this car in autotrader and decided to just check it out. I had no intention of actually buying. When I got there, the salesman had made a mistake on pricing (it was a small dealer)...so we started negotiations at more than $2k under what the car was advertised for. I couldn't pass up the deal. He realized the mistake only after we started signing stuff.

The car was 100% stock. All maintenance done at acura. It was in insanely good condition.

p1010007.jpg

P1010008-1.jpg

P1010005.jpg

P1010010.jpg

Again, I couldn't keep the car stock. So it got a header, intake, and skunk2 manifold. It also had a muffler shop 2.25'' exhaust attatched to the stock muffler. I also replaced the slipping clutch...that I toasted :hsugh:. I also painted the valve cover crackle red....because that's just how I roll.

ENGINEBAY9.jpg

ENGINEBAY11.jpg

The GS-R was nice and all...but I really missed my civic. It was haunting my dreams. I had driven the GS-R about 22k miles in 11 months. I drive to and from NIU for school. It was an awesome car. At 158k miles, it ran like it was off the showroom floor..and I once went 130mph and got 30mpg on the same tank.

I ended up buying another civic lol. I'm an idiot for doing that. But I did find a killer deal on a 99 civic Si. I also got more back for the GS-R than I bought it for.

I'm an idiot. I can't be satisfied. I had to buy the Si.

hahaha...maybe there was a reason I got it for such a good deal....

F'ing ricers.

exhaust.jpg

The tail lights were gone the second day I bought the car. They got replaced with stock replacements. The exhaust was next. It was too loud and obnoxious. I bought a World sport. It sounds just a little louder than stock and looks AWESOME.

At this point, the car is still stock height. The wheels were a friends..but now belong to me. The paint was not on purpose...but it was bad ass lol. I was painting my wheels at the time. So I had to run on these bad boys for a few days. I was the rice burglar for sure.

It was claybarred and waxed....the paint is very clean.

Too bad I don't have any pics of it lowered with the ITR Kaiser silver painted wheels on there. It looks great.

p1010001-3.jpg

P1010015-2.jpg

p1010003-4.jpg

p1010004-2.jpg

p1010006-2.jpg

p1010007-3.jpg

PICT0045.jpg

P1010008-5.jpg

My wheel painting skills are pretty good, I think.

P1010005-5.jpg

I was hell bent not to mod the car. It allready had I/H/E. I don't have very good resolve. It now has a different exhaust, a pioneer head unit, a second set of wheels, an ITR intake manifold, SKUNK2 short shifter, Eibach lowering springs, ITR 22mm rear swaybar, beaks subframe reinforcement kit, tokico shocks, omni control arms since I had to mutilate my stock LCAs because the bolts were stuck (I would have liked to reuse my stocks instead.....or buy OEM replacements but the Omni ones were cheap and available the same day). I'm sure it has other parts on it that I'm forgetting about.

While all this was going on, I was frivilously spending my $$ on the S2000. I had bought KW V3 coilovers, an intake, EBC yellow race pads, ADVAN RG2s, and Dunlop Dirreza Starspecs, and Hankook RS2Z212s. I also painted the stock wheels laguna seca blue and then Voodoo blue just for the hell of it. I only used them on the track anyway. I use my ADVANS on the track now.

Track time is fun time.

Gingerman.jpg

tape2-1.jpg

CR11.jpg

CR18.jpg

CR2.jpg

LS13.jpg

It took me 6 months to get these wheels. I had to have them made in the offsets/sizes/color I wanted.

P1010021.jpg

mmmhmmm. Best S2000 street/track dual duty suspension ever. I got these for dirty cheap. It pays to have a good rapport with a shop owner. He told the vendor these were for a friend. I paid $1600. Retail is around $2300.

KWv3.jpg

Day2_024.jpg

PICT0025.jpg

Day2_032.jpg

Wheels char broiled with brake dust after Gingerman raceway.

PICT0021.jpg

PICT0030-1.jpg

This is how the car sits today (it's a bit higher than the picture for functionality...about .5'' to .75'' higher).

P1010005-4.jpg

I also picked up this beast. It had a blown head gasket. I had a friend with a motor sitting in his garage. Free motor. $800 car. Help from friends for the cost of some hooters wings. Then turned around and sold it for $1600.

I originally thought I was going to be able to sell my 99 Si and settle with driving a beater so I could have like $8k in cashish. I couldn't do it. So I just sold it for the profit.

It was a 89 Si. Really nice.

PICT0017-1.jpg

PICT0035.jpg

Idunno...I guess I'm pretty fickle about my DDs. Oh well. Everyone's got a vice.

I have like 6 vices lol.

I'm working on buying a Exedy Hyper single clutch and T1R SPARROW EM 70mm exhaust for the S2000. Saving $2100 sucks. I pay cash, dammit.

I wish I had pics of the 3 cars not seen here. I had a 300ZX for a few nights....we used that as a rally car. It wouldn't stop running. The galant can be seen in the background of the civic pics...I think. The 93 hatch wasn't much to look at...but it wasn't bad. Spray painted white, lowered, B16A, work emotion replicas, and then later...Champ white CTR wheels/5 lug.

I almost forgot. The most important vehicle ever. The danger kart. 40mph of neighbor harassing, road racing, almost flipping over and dying because it was on slicks fury.
n194300712_31963722_1637.jpg

I also have a few vids of my S2000 on the track....and some gross tire wasteage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YX54fpPIsYE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJBiQgZyfaI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EAnoCtXjnQ

Enjoy.

Last edited:

B serious

Regular
Jan 18, 2009
ILLNOISE
I actually NEVER drive it to NIU. You probably saw another one. There's a guy up there named Nick with a black S2000. It has black wheels and a diffuser, though.

I think I might have driven it to NIU one time in the summer last year. The car still has 0 door dings.

I think I drove it a grand total of 6k miles last year and the year before that also. With an average of 1 track day every 1k miles. I store it in the winters. If I'm not going to the track or crusing with friends/going on a hot date with the GF....that car usually stays at home.

Last edited:

B serious

Regular
Jan 18, 2009
ILLNOISE
damn man.

youve had a lot of NICE cars.. I think its funny, I Said the other day to someone "stick around , we need more honda guys"

:rofl:

Welcome to TCG

Thanks. You can never have too many Honda guys, FYI. lol.

Welcome and :bowrofl: to the DA MOON RULES on the hood haha

haha...glad you enjoyed it. I also wrote "My liability coverage is zero...my balls, however, are enormous" on the tape at one event. I love that show.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
looks like you would benefit from it, windy city bmw has a really good gingerman school. i'm not very good but i have done that a couple of times, watching the vid i could kinda suspect that you haven't gone out much with an instructor, at least not at gman watching those laps. i could give you my 2 cents but again i'm not so hot myself :)

slowchevy

eat ass drive fast
Sep 10, 2007
Thanks. You can never have too many Honda guys, FYI. lol.
There's quite a few here, you just gotta find 'em :rofl:

I've been wanting to pick up an (electric blue pearl?) '99 Si for a few years now. I think maybe if I ever get into imports, that'd probably be the first car I'd go for.. though I've driven coupe/sedan 06+ Si's and a Mugen Si.. loved it but it was a liiitttle bit too expensive for just some suspension parts IMO :dunno:

B serious

Regular
Jan 18, 2009
ILLNOISE
looks like you would benefit from it, windy city bmw has a really good gingerman school. i'm not very good but i have done that a couple of times, watching the vid i could kinda suspect that you haven't gone out much with an instructor, at least not at gman watching those laps. i could give you my 2 cents but again i'm not so hot myself :)

How so? I don't mind criticism.

There's quite a few here, you just gotta find 'em :rofl:

I've been wanting to pick up an (electric blue pearl?) '99 Si for a few years now. I think maybe if I ever get into imports, that'd probably be the first car I'd go for.. though I've driven coupe/sedan 06+ Si's and a Mugen Si.. loved it but it was a liiitttle bit too expensive for just some suspension parts IMO :dunno:

EPB Sis are nice. The new Sis are more refined, have more power, etc. etc. The 99-00 Si was a nice car. It looks good, is fun to drive, easily mod-able...but it's kinda soft and porky. I love it as a DD. If I had to have just one car, I could never choose the 99-00 Si, though.

slowchevy

eat ass drive fast
Sep 10, 2007
EPB Sis are nice. The new Sis are more refined, have more power, etc. etc. The 99-00 Si was a nice car. It looks good, is fun to drive, easily mod-able...but it's kinda soft and porky. I love it as a DD. If I had to have just one car, I could never choose the 99-00 Si, though.
Iv'e seen the 99/00's up close, however the only hondas I've driven as I said were the 06 Si sedan, 08 Si coupe, 08 Mugen Si sedan, and.. my mom's 08 Pilot.. which is supppeeerrr fun in the snow.

How come you have never owned a domestic? Just never been a fan?

B serious

Regular
Jan 18, 2009
ILLNOISE
I'm not sure what Domestic I'd want.

Civic vs. Cavalier/Focus? I'd rather have a civic. My Si has a 8200RPM redline, gets over 30mpg, makes 160hp stock, has the short ass gearing I like.

S2000 vs. Corvette? I'd rather have the S2000. For many reasons.

Basically, I just really like Hondas. Easy mod-ability, parts interchangeability, handling and braking are on a VERY good level, I like engines that rev high and short gears. Plus....to be completely honest...no offense to anyone.....the level of reliablilty I demand is just not there with a lot of domestic cars. I have friends with domestic cars. My GF's family is a domestic only family (although she now has an Accord because of me hee hee hee). My dad and my mom and my sister have owned domestics in the past. So I'm not just pulling that reliability card out of my ass.

And the whole Honda lifestyle appeals to me. I didn't mind spending $2k+ on wheels, and $125 on lugnuts. I don't mind the lack of torque and have gotten used to the lack of cupholders/creature comforts.

Last edited:

Thread Info