My 2003 10th Anni Cobra

G

Grabber

I finally decided to put this together for my Cobra.

I bought this baby back in June of 08. Originally had 13,500 miles on, pretty good condition.

The car was road raced, and had a ton of suspension work, and power mods as well.

Right now, the car has around 21,000 miles( Yes, I love driving this car) and is in better condition then when I bought it.

Over the course of time, I changed out a few things. I swapped the Magnaflow to a Mac Cat-back, bought new tires and DR's for it, swapped the mid-pipe to a Mac Prochamber.

Here is the list of mods currently on the car

Mods:
Mac Cat-back
Mac O/R Prochamber
Cobra R Rear Differential Cooler
H&R Sport Springs
All front and rear suspension bushings upgraded
Front and Rear Strut Tower Braces
Fluidyne Heat Exchanger
LDC Chicago Head Cooling Mod
MGW Shifter(not installed)
Billetflow 2.76 Pulley W/4idlers
Diablosport Tuned
Hawk Brake Pads Front and Rear
Fiore Firewall & Clutch Adjuster
Brembo Rotors (OEM)
Forward IRS Brace
Rear STB Brace
IRS Adjustable Tie Rod Kit
K&N FIPK

DSC01303-1.jpg

GrabberCobraMach1-1.jpg

DSC01299-1-1.jpg

Mach1Cobra.jpg

DSC01304.jpg

DSC01313.jpg

DSC008032.jpg

DSC008082.jpg

DSC04515-1.jpg

CobraEngine-2.jpg

Some pics are crappy. I'll hopefully have more as soon as I can start detailing again.

Thanks for reading Everyone!!!

G

Grabber

So have you taken it to the track? If so, how'd it do? If you don't want to say, no biggie. A lot of people on here don't like to advertise what their car runs.

When it had just he mid-pipe, cat-back, intake and the other supporting mods, I ran a 12.9 @110 with a 2.01 60ft.

This was my first time ever to the track, and at that point I have only been driving manual for about 5 months.

Not to make any excuses, it is mainly my inability to properly drive the car. But, the car is lowered about two inches, which throws off the weight distribution, it was about 30 degrees, so I was spinning through each gear.

I know the car has more in it, but now that I swapped the pulley, I am hoping for high 11's if I can drive it a bit better. My ultimate goal would be aroound an 11.5-11.6. We will see.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
Sounds like you could use some sticky tires on that thing for sure. With suspension and tires, I dropped my ET from 13.24 (2.4 60') to 12.65 (1.82 60'). That 60' was leaving the line at 850rpm's too. I was just learning how to launch, and I never made it to the higher rpm launches. It should be able to cut some 1.6x's and maybe drop the ET to 12.4/12.5 with some launches around 3,200rpm.

G

Grabber

Sounds like you could use some sticky tires on that thing for sure. With suspension and tires, I dropped my ET from 13.24 (2.4 60') to 12.65 (1.82 60'). That 60' was leaving the line at 850rpm's too. I was just learning how to launch, and I never made it to the higher rpm launches. It should be able to cut some 1.6x's and maybe drop the ET to 12.4/12.5 with some launches around 3,200rpm.

I launched the car at 3500, but feather it a bit, and my Cobra doesn't have an IRS brace, and I'm worried about the rear-end ya know. My buddy ran a 12.6 in a Bone Stock Cobra, which puts my Mid pipe, CB and intake Cobra to shame, lol. He also trapped 114. My best trap of the day was 112 with 2.00 60ft and a ET of 13.01. Not too shabby.

Thread Info