How do you tell your current GF its over?

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
(Sorry in advance for some big pics, I didnt notice they were super high res)

So there are two parts to this thread. The first is...

When I bought the Cobra, I said there were only two cars I would sell it for. Otherwise, I loved the car and it wasn't going anywhere.

The second is...

I've told myself for the past 15+ years that if I ever found the right one and I could afford it, I would buy it. But it would have to be the right one, no compromises. Opportunities came and went but nothing ever was "the one I had to have"...until last week. I knew it was the one. I knew it had to be mine. After approx 24 hours in cars, it now is.

This has been a dream of mine and I was going to keep it completely under wraps until the Spring but after being in it for 11 hours, I cant contain my excitement.

I'd like to introduce you all my 1998 Toyota Supra. My one of two dream cars (the other being a R32 GTR).

I bought the car from a extremely nice guy in South Carolina. He is the third owner. Surprisingly enough, the car started its life in IL before moving to FL and ultimately, SC. As you can tell by the pics below, it does not have the factory paint...more on that shortly. The car was originally a black - targa / auto car, making it one of only 84 produced in that combo in 98.

Now for the fun stuff (and as you'll notice in some pics, the car was built by Titan - for the most part).

The second owner spared no expense in making this one of the cleanest Supras I've ever seen. As I said, the car started out black, but that wasnt what the owner wanted. The car was basically stripped down and repainted in Ferrari Grigio Silverstone. All of the weather stripping and moulding is brand new OEM. The side markers and front bumper markers have been shaved (along w/ the spoiler holes). The headliner was even redone in black suede. Honestly, its basically a new car.

A-Marc-Supra-17.JPG

A-Marc-Supra-19.JPG

The end result of that work is this (and how the car sits in my garage):

Marc-Supra-82.jpg

The rims are 19in Forgestar F14s:

Marc-Supra-86.jpg

The interior was given a major update as well. The seats are wrapped in genuine OEM BMW Imola Red leather and in pics, I wasnt sure how I was going to like it but it is stunning in person. The door inserts are also accented in the same. The interior is immaculate.

A-Marc-Supra-58.JPG

A-Marc-Supra-60.JPG

A-Marc-Supra-61.JPG

A-Marc-Supra-68.JPG

Marc-Supra-89.jpg

Car also came with a pretty nice system as well.

A-Marc-Supra-67.JPG

By now you will have noticed this is an auto car. I told myself it would be a 6spd or nothing but finding a good example of a 6spd car has become rare and even half way decent ones are commanding ridiculous prices...so I went with the next best thing. This car is equipped with a built Boost Logic trans with a Titan converter (I believe the stall is 35 or 3600). Quite simply, its fantastic. It shifts very fast and very smooth. And when the hammer goes down, it doesn't skip a beat. I have no regrets going auto.

For now, power isnt at dyno queen level. In fact, I think its only making high 400s. The car sports the following:

ETS Single Conversion with a turbonetics t66
ETS full 4" Titanium exhaust
Titan fuel system
850cc injectors
Titan 264 cams
Misc items that don't need listing

All of that is controlled thru a Haltech ems.

Even though its not making monster power, the turbo is matched perfectly with the converter and spool is awesome. Power comes on quick and smooth. But yes, more power is in the cards...the car has all the supporting mods for good things. Car sits on Tein Flex coilovers.

Here are some pics of the engine bay (old rims in those pics - they didnt come w/ the car) :)

A-Marc-Supra-62.JPG

A-Marc-Supra-63.JPG

A-Marc-Supra-64.JPG

A-Marc-Supra-65.JPG

Marc-Supra-101.jpg

I think this just about covers it for now. I'm beyond happy with the chance I took driving down there this weekend and excited for warmer weather. The car will sit under a cover most of the winter and reemerge this Spring for a retune and maybe some more fun.

I gotta thank Eagle for driving down with me and providing the suburban for the trip. He was also a big influence on buying the car...his sage advice of "Buy it" really cut into my soul...and his words just made sense.

So thats it. The Cobra will be up for sale soon. I have onw interested party that I gave first dibs to and if that doesn't pan out, you'll see it on the site shortly.

Thread Info