wwpony's 3v scrap heap

Wild White Pony

TCG Elite Member
Oct 13, 2012
A few shots of me pony, all 3900# of American Metal.

CIMG0044.jpg

Mickey Thompson Pro Radials Attached and Ready.

tires_zpsc471879a.jpg

Dark night out at Great Lakes Dragway for a run..

GLDMeCar_zps1d64dde8.jpg

Pony Getting some Pure Tenderness..

IMG_0778_zps8a0b76ed.jpg

Swoff_zpsa728abda.jpg

Swon_zps9303e625.jpg

Puttin the Stage 3 Meth in..

finalpump_zpsf4d69e06.jpg

Modified the Intake to use the stock Maf and Anderson Powerpipe. Works like a charm.. gained 2 psi for a total now of 18psi.

CIMG0018_zpseeddd22b.jpg

Mustang2_zps28515252.jpg

Wild White Pony

TCG Elite Member
Oct 13, 2012
really like the interior and under the hood

before I make any comments on the outside :rofl: (not my thing), what kinda #s and times is that thing running? Don't know much about boosted 3vs

Ok here you go...

2006 GT, Automatic, 554rwhp, Tq.463
Ford Racing 4.6 3v Aluminator forged Block, Ford Racing Ported Heads Stage 1 Stock Cams,Valves and Springs 10:1 Compression.
Snowkit Stage 3 Meth
Anderson Ford Power Pipe
Ford racing intake manifold
GT500 Dual Fuel Pumps
Ford Racing Ceramic Shorty Headers
Anderson Power Pipe
Bassani X Pipe Off Road No Cats
BBK Throttle Body
SLP Line Lock
Vortech V3 High Output SC with Intercooler 18psi 8rib setup
2.95 Pulley, Innovators West 10% crank overdrive Spinning blower at 55,000rpm at 6200rpm shift point.
Ford Racing 410 rear
Shaftmaster Aluminum Driveshaft
SCT Tuner, ProRacer Software, Professional Dynotune on Engine
Mafia Mass Air Meter Controller
TCI Streetfighter Rachet Shifter.
Level 10 Input Shaft
Circle D Triple Disk Billet Converter 2800 Stall
BBK. Lower control arms and relocation Brackets
Ford Racing 1” Rear Drop springs.
Steeda Dual Saftey Loop
BBK Adustable Panhard Bar
Cervini C5 Front, Truefiber Mach 1 Hood.
Double G 19” Chrome Wheels, 245 Front 275 Rear Falken Tires.
275 x 28 x 15 MT Pro Drag Radials Race Star 15” Rears.

The 3v turtle has only run 6 times, 3 of them the 3” silicone pipe couplers let loose, I’ve fixed that with switching to 3” truck radiator hose and some aqua net using T-Bolt clamps now. The car is a complete turd off the line, I couldn’t beat a school bus in the first 30 feet. My best time was 11.3 at 125mph, my pal Mike Post did 11.2 at 126mph in my car after we adjusted the trans tune some. Since then I have purchased the Pro Racer software and have made a few more changes to the trans, some of the problems was the trans was shifting at 4800rpms (street tune) and the revs per mile was not setup for the 28” MT tires.

The biggest problem with the 3v is low torque, plenty of upper end, I screwed the pooch with the stall being set too low at 2800rpm. The car is launching and bogging since it can’t reach it’s power band of the centri on launch. Will be taking that converter out and upping that stall to about 3500rpm. Intakes like the FRPP that’s on a 3v car just make your low end torque worse and the weight of the car is high, need to reduce this by taking that shaker 1000 box and spare tire out of the ass end should help a little.

With the little changes I done so far I’m hoping to get into the high tens next Sunday. After that the converter comes out for the higher stall adjustment, I’m gonna replace the stock cams with some comp blower cams and a set of skinnies up front.
Final goal for this scrap heap is mid 10s and I’ll flog this bitch until it does.

Here is a video of the turd at Byron coming out of the hole like constipation, it does pull like a freight train after it gets going though and finished 11.2 at 126mph, the other stang got 2 cars on her out of the hole but couldn’t stay ahead in the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJY9VdgG7lM&feature=youtu.be

All in all I still love the car and gonna keep throwing metal on her but, I WISH I HAD A 5.0 COYOTE that’s all I’m gonna say…. Let the 3v flaming begin….

Thread Info