My cars... picked up a new DD

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
I guess I forgot to post about the SHO taurus I picked up after I sold the g8.

picked up a clean modded SHO taurus from the same guy that built my green 93 SHOw car.

1997 SHO Taurus v8- White with Gray leather interior with all options.
NO RUST!

Engine completely re-gasketed
cams welded
87k original miles.

Hybrid gen 2 (92-95) strut setup
Sitting on Koni Adjustable Struts with Moog Springs (sits low)
13" Cobra brakes in front
13" Single piston caliper in rear (1 of 2 in production)
18" RSL Mase rims sitting on 245/45/18 Michelins
3rd cat delete into a pair of flowmasters
24mm sway bar front
26mm sway bar rear
Stainless Steel brake lines all around
Remote start
AUX 3.5mm jack hardwired into stock headunit.

Body/lights look like the car has 20k miles on it.. truly is the cleanest SHO i've owned. Handles almost as good as my green car.

IMAG0211.jpg

^^ now with fixed power antenna and red (98+) taillights.

IMAG0210.jpg

IMAG0580.jpg

Old and new?? ;)

Realizing how clean it is, how fords rust when looked at the wrong way, and with starting a construction job in the Springtime, I looked for a winter car. I started off by looking for something that only a couple thousand dollars..

Realized I would be driving it more often than not, i made the decision to get something a little bit more expensive to get exactly what I wanted.

Tonight, I purchased a 2007 Ford Escape v6 4x4 (AWD) LIMITED. Fully loaded
Has Black leather, Heated seats, color matched bumpers and handles, rear backup sensors, and Audiophile 6-disc system. The thing is mint. Suspension is in perfect condition, not a drop of anything, and super super clean.

Bring on winter!

580991_953371111434_744156265_n.jpg

:ford::ford:

Last edited:

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
my friend paul (leddzepp8687) has one, he is on the forum. I always loved the way his rode, drove, looked, and felt.

The seats are a little firm, but i prefer it that way. (feels better on my back) The SHO has super comfy seats like a laz-e-boy couch, but it hurts on long trips (for me at least) because it is too forgiving.

I absolutely HATED this style of SHO.. I thought it was the ugliest thing to man. It grew on me once I owned it. Has a lot of nice features for a mid 90s taurus.. hell has heated mirrors.. some cars dont even have that now. Its a cruiser, sounds good, and is comfy.

Thanks for the kind words.

Thread Info