"The Redneck" build.

Dewey Cox

Gen1 Lt1 Guru
Jul 22, 2012
Aurora
Real Name
Dale
We got this Sunday morning. Figured is share it with u guys.

It's a stone stock 1998 z28,a4. When I say stock,I mean stock! Down to the original muffler. Not even free mods! In our eyes,that's a perfect specimen to start with. Thankfully,winter is a long season ;-) .........

IMAG2082.jpg

IMAG2081.jpg

IMAG2083.jpg

IMAG2084.jpg

IMAG2079.jpg

IMAG2080.jpg

Appearance mods are first! Thinking of removing the pin stripe,and redoing the badges. The red/white/blue ain't lighting my fire lol.

Stay tuned.....

Last edited:

THE F-BODY KING

Fuck what you THINK you know....
Jan 5, 2012
Aurora, IL
You guys, go on dates, have anal sex together, give each other blow jobs, and now you guys are buying cars together?? When the fuck is the wedding?? LMAO

Don't hate on our love WonBad. We went halfsies on the car because we cool like that....lol. Besides The Redneck is comming for that sweet ass, don't worry!

FBK and Dewey = Two Man Wolf Pack!!! Whakka Flakka Racing Bitchez!

Dewey Cox

Gen1 Lt1 Guru
Jul 22, 2012
Aurora
Real Name
Dale
Far from a race car lol. I did move this thread to members builds,as ill be documenting mods,and changes to it.

As of right now(since the last pics posted) Nothing has changed except the 180k mileage starting to show its face.

Nothing major,but some mechanical issues have popped up. The first one being the rear,drivers side brake caliper being siezed up. So I'm going to be fixing that,and painting the calipers while its down,and I have the wheels off.

Problem #2 was quickly fixed. That problem was the coolant level sensor. That pesky little light got annoying fast. After triple checking my coolant level,and flushing the system,the light would still come on. After some research,I found this to be common on 98's,and the best,and cheapest route was to just unplug it. Problem solved.

Problem #3 is my electric fans not working. After several suggested tests,they are in fact not working on any speed. So I'm going to be testing relays,and running a manual switch to fix this issue. Should be simple enough.

Problem #4 is a engine light. Throwing an evaporate control code. So ill probably just have this shut off once I change exhaust on the car,since it'll need to be tuned anyway.

Last but not least,this thing is a tank! Heavy as heck lol. While I was testing the fans,I decided to go weight it. Here's the results:

IMAG2102.jpg

IMAG2103.jpg

That was with less then a 1/4 tank of fuel,as shown,and me in it. I'm 190lbs. So a small diet will also be in the plans adventually.

I'll update this as I progress.

Thread Info