2000 Black Regal GS Stratford Crossing Car Show

blkgp2000

Regular
Oct 23, 2008
I don't post on here very often but I was at a car show at Stratford Mall yesterday (Aug. 19) and a black 2000 Regal GS caught my eye. It had a TCG sticker on the back window and I think the car was from Streamwood. I'm sure the car was at the 3800 meet a couple years ago but i can't remember who the driver was.

Anyway, that is one NICE Regal. Very clean :biggthump

Euro

GM or Nothing
Oct 22, 2007
Roselle
Real Name
Matt
Ya know, for some reason I saw a black WS6 that came in kinda late to the show, and thought it was you but couldn't remember your name on here. That was me, I'm glad we both kind of remember each other :rofl:

But that wasn't me at the 3800 meet, I've only had this junk for just over a year now. Thanks man!! Your TA looked wicked clean :bigthumb: Mine wasn't looking too shabby yesterday.

blkgp2000

Regular
Oct 23, 2008
Ya know, for some reason I saw a black WS6 that came in kinda late to the show, and thought it was you but couldn't remember your name on here. That was me, I'm glad we both kind of remember each other :rofl:

But that wasn't me at the 3800 meet, I've only had this junk for just over a year now. Thanks man!! Your TA looked wicked clean :bigthumb: Mine wasn't looking too shabby yesterday.

Haha, thanks. We got up late and i quickly rinsed the dirt off and hit it with some spray wax and we left :rofl:. I'm surprised it looked as clean as it did. I thought your car looked great. I would have voted for it if i got there in time.

Even though i no longer have my gp, i will always be attracted to those 3800s.

Euro

GM or Nothing
Oct 22, 2007
Roselle
Real Name
Matt
Thanks man! Car looked horrible after a couple weeks of no cleaning at all. My commute everyday makes my interior a wreck, so I'm semi-happy how it looked yesterday.

I don't think I did any voting, I don't remember getting a ballot and by the time we saw people voting we didn't bother.

blkgp2000

Regular
Oct 23, 2008
Yeah, we only had 15 minutes to vote so we didn't bother either. It seems they were geared more towards the older cars anyway. I think only 2 newer cars actually got anything. I remember a '99 camaro being called and an LT1 T/A but that's about it.

I wish I could organized a car show that would be for 80s cars and newer only....haha

Euro

GM or Nothing
Oct 22, 2007
Roselle
Real Name
Matt
Yeah I noticed tha too. I'm actually surprised anything newer than 1984 was allowed in. The host, Ron(the guy with the microphone glued to his lips), and his band of homies normally host shows where any car newer than that gets told to GTFO. That 99 Camaro that won a trophy, was one of his friends. Shocker. I recognized 3 or 4 cars who won, are friends of Ron.

My dad tried to enter his '84 MC SS at one a few years ago, and the guy(over the microphone) told him the car was too new and to leave the show area...he's a dickhead.

But assuming this since it was a free show, anything was welcome.

blkgp2000

Regular
Oct 23, 2008
Wow, thanks for the heads up. Maybe i won't go to anymore of his shows. I figured this was free and close by so we went.

I noticed on his flyers that it says " Tired of your classic getting past over for a brand new car?" I was like, when does that EVER happen....haha. The old cars always win. Not that i go to car shows for the trophies or anything, but I still think the newer cars should get some consideration.

Anyway, I'm sure we'll bump into each other again. I'll be sure to say hi. One of these days i will make it out to Luke's too.

Thread Info