Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Ditching the nittos and going with...............................

nittos! decided to give the nt05r's a try. Tossing them on tonight. Yes, I had bought M&H's but eagle ended up buying those off me to replace his burnt off tires.

If they suck, no big deal. I'll just try something else next season. I've really liked the 555r's. They were great when i was making around 450/460 and continue to be a great daily stickier tire, but they cant hold the powa when i need them too. Ive heard good things about the nt05's so we shall see :x:

I'll likely be picking up a dedicated drag tire next year so as long as these hold on the street, i'll be happy.

7802387200_05c8e96fc7_b.jpg

7802388480_3872999fb2_b.jpg

Better traction as to what turning, from a dig? Why are more people not running the Michelin Super Sports then?

better marginally from a dig, much better from a second gear wot hit, I have hit 1.04G on a nice sweeping curve by my house that I was getting in the .8x range with the ntr....the ntr didn't feel as planted so I didn't push it.....just easier with the SS. although I have never driven either tire in the rain, I don't fear getting caught in the rain with the SS because they look like they would be the better performer visually.

I feel the Michelin is the far better tire for the street....don't know why they aren't popular...maybe length of time they have been available? maybe because they don't perform well on track? dunno, but they work for me and the way I use my car.

Thread Info