TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
BEFORE: Not pretty.

IMG_0604.jpg

IMG_0605.jpg

IMG_0606.jpg

IMG_0607.jpg

Took off the coils so I could get to the valve covers. Also not pretty. at all. Also bagged up all the sensitive bits.

IMG_0608.jpg

IMG_0609.jpg

IMG_0610.jpg

IMG_0611.jpg

And, AFTER! Doesnt look showroom fresh, but its definitely an improvement. I got in there w/ a brush and scrubbed what I could but I didn't get REAL thorough. I still havent tried to dress the engine up w/ anything yet because I want to wash the rest of my car first in case more water seeps in there. Checkers didn't really have a great selection of cleaners either, so next time I'll have to pick up something that can really clean.

IMG_0613.jpg

IMG_0616.jpg

IMG_0617.jpg

IMG_0619.jpg

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Couple more pics w/ the radiator cover back on, and some dressing applied to some of the main hoses and such. Didnt go crazy. Im not out there showing the car, its my DD, so it'll get dirty again quick.

Also, while I had the FRC's off, the look kinda grew on me, so those will be off now. Unless I pick up a Monaro cover one of these days.

IMG_0621.jpg

IMG_0622.jpg

For reference sake, heres what it looked like the day I brought it home. 4 and a half years ago. And this was w/ 55k on the clock. (Full disclosure: I bought it from a detailer, so he kept it pretty meticulous)

FILE0052.jpg

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Should pull the strut bar and polish her up a bit

Yeah, I need to do some work on that. I spent 2 days on the car this weekend, washed it, clayed it, waxed it, cleaned the engine, etc, by about 6pm sunday I really think I had the onset of heat stroke so I had to stop :rofl: This was not the time of year to undertake a task like this, but it really needed to be done, before my car got further sandblasted by monsoon weather.

Thread Info