Startin the swap

The Bluegrass Nomad

Five-oh ho no mo
Feb 4, 2011
Sadieville, KY
like every other camaro out there from the 80s and early 90s, it just would not be complete without a 350. Ive been waiting for this day since i bought the car 1 and 1/2 years ago and have all but a few misc. fittings for this swap. of course like any other car adding a bit of power, all of the supporting mods have been addressed in the trans and rear to handle the new motor. I know it may not be an ls based swap, no turbo for any other crazy power adder motor, but this is what the car needs, in my opinion, to make it fun. Im just glad I finally got the time to make this swap happen.

It all started as a 305 tbi with over 200,000 on the motor. it will continue to run as these motors never die, however, it also has no power whatsoever.

IMAG0235.jpg

knowing what it began with, I decided to have a freshened up 350 waiting for it.

IMAG0114.jpg

Now to the fun part. everything is labeled and prepped for removal.

IMAG0240.jpg

IMAG0237.jpg

I will follow with more pix in the morning. it is ready to be removed and everything will be bolted in immediately after that. Seeing as how this is my first swap, Im being very cautious and taking time with every bolt removed.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
This will be fun, shouldn't be a bad conversion. Gonna put that 'vette servo I sold you to good use. :)

What are you doing for a TV cable linkage, when ever I wanted to go carb after getting frustrated with the EFI this is the one part I never really bothered figuring out.

I also see it appears you're using double humps, I'd guess you're going to be using vbelt accessories?

The Bluegrass Nomad

Five-oh ho no mo
Feb 4, 2011
Sadieville, KY
This will be fun, shouldn't be a bad conversion. Gonna put that 'vette servo I sold you to good use. :)

What are you doing for a TV cable linkage, when ever I wanted to go carb after getting frustrated with the EFI this is the one part I never really bothered figuring out.

I also see it appears you're using double humps, I'd guess you're going to be using vbelt accessories?

servo already went into the trans with a shift kit and lock up kit about 6 weeks ago. and as for the heads, we were able to retain the serpentine and just had to have the heads drilled and tapped

The Bluegrass Nomad

Five-oh ho no mo
Feb 4, 2011
Sadieville, KY
So after a full day of work, the motor went in failrly easily with the headers attached.

IMAG0244.jpg

IMAG0245.jpg

IMAG0246.jpg

IMAG0251.jpg

After the trans was bolted up and and motor secured, we went to tighten the flexplate to the converter and ran into a problem.... the flexplate used for the new motor is thinner than it should be and now the 6 bolts stick out too far and the crank wont spin. :fu: we now need to pull the motor again and replace the flexplate. not really upset about it because everything else has gone smooth to this point, but it is a bit of a set back.. will pull motor again in a bit.

Thread Info