DD.. before i get my Fbody

Charlie_Boy7

Addict
May 10, 2010
University Park, IL
Real Name
Charles
Wonder how this thread will go haha. Its a 96 Saturn SL1. i dont really plan to do anything to it but paint it when i get my spray guns (for experience) and maybe 17inch wheels or something. i still have to find a place to pait too bcuz i dont have a garage here. my friend says i should mod it bcuz of the fact that it's fairly light.. the more i think about it the more i think it would be fun and.... well different. i dont personally know anyone in my life with an interesting Saturn so it could be quite a challenge IMO. :dunno: Maybe

Anyway, yea this is how it currently sits. all ive done so far was get the trunk with the spoiler and the front bumper with the openings for the fog lights

Attachments

• 1338424993929.jpg
    1338424993929.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 93

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Dont mod it. I have one( 2 actually) and the only thing you could do is swap in a dohc and turbo it.. and it still will run mid 14s....and cost 3k at least. Its pointless to spend a dime on the sohc unless its to fix it.

Also its kind of shitty for test painting due to only the hood, roof and trunk are metal. Everything else is plastic . Good plastic practice i guess :rofl:

The only thing they are good for is gas mileage and they are easy to work on. It also seems like the engine lasts forever if you take care of it, ive seen some at 300k+. Plus parts availability is endless, even at the junkyard.

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
I say to leave it alone... but I know how the car disease works. My first car was an 87 FWD Buick LeSabre and swore I'd leave that thing alone. yeah.. after a bunch of silly engine work work and bunch of spray and several transmissions latter I was far from leaving it alone and the car could still only manage to crack 13's. lol. I say go big.. transplant an LS motor into it.. lol.

I remember seeing a beater mid 90's SL1 saturn with a turbo years ago. thing was funny because he had the exhaust dumping out the pass side fender. It sounded wicked with the dump out side but it was still horribly slow.

Thread Info