Time to...?

KnightFan26917

Old Cars, Strong Hearts
Apr 28, 2009
Elgin IL
"It's different now" __ Conway Twitty __ 'Goodbye Time'

Irony rocks.

I've recently learned that, in ~1 year, I'll lose the year-round garage storage (heated in winters) that I've appreciated the last 10+ years. The couple that owns the house, building & property is moving to SC. I will not have the funds needed to buy the place, though I would LOVE to live there. So, since other similar storage options in the area are more expensive, unemployment continues & medical bills are still due ... it's probably time to sell my MCs.

Yep, life is still good. It's just frustrating to watch things for which I've worked hard disappear due to no fault of my own. At least I can still drive & write! Hardly seems fair, but life isn't fair. Things'll work out; they always do...correct?

ROUTE 66-BASED STORY:
Route66 | When the Going is Good

Motor Gnomes:
Cort S | Motor Gnomes

C&G:
Stop Re-naming My Car! - Editorials - Cheers and Gears: News - News - Cheers and Gears

Cort | 38.m.IL | pigValve + paceMaker + cowValve | 5 MCs + 1 Caprice Classic
CHD.MCs.CC + RoadTrips.hobbies.RadioShows.us66 = Cort's Web Pages
"I never dreamed home would end up where I don't belong" __ Rascal Flatts __ 'I'm Moving On'

KnightFan26917

Old Cars, Strong Hearts
Apr 28, 2009
Elgin IL
"There was a time I was a true believer" __ Jennifer Warnes __ 'I Know A Heartache When I See One'

OFFICIAL "FOR SALE" THREAD:
http://www.thechicagogarage.com/forum/sale-automotive/121574-officially-sale.html

Someone noted that this situation IS my fault since, for me, medical procedures/expenses are expected; of course, that person is correct. Still, it's ironic that selling is partly because, less than 3 weeks after returning to full time work following my 11/11/2011 open heart surgery, I found myself out of employment from the company that had a campaign to promote "grill decency"....

The job hunt is not going well, but I've done some personal projects. While I continue to try to get hired, I'm researching volunteer opportunities. I've been applying to customer service, social media, web content editing, & marketing/sales careers.

Selling isn't ALL bad; POSITIVES in EVERY situation, right? In this case, once my MCs are sold ... I won't own a front-wheel-drive nameplate vehicle (until Ch#$r%*et introduces the all-new front-wheel drive Caprice!) ...&... I'll have fewer boards/groups to visit, translating into more time for the remaining boards, driving, writing, etc.! OK, so maybe those aren't complete positives....

BUT...I've had a great run, owning 5 MCs for 9 years & meeting many great people along the way, through road trips, events/gatherings/shows & cruise nights, including the record-breaking 2008 MidSummer Chitown Gathering that I set up. We had 65 people, & it remains the ONLY show/gathering/event that ALL of my MCs attended together! PICS:
ProjectMonte :: Cort's Monte Carlo Meetup in Elgin, IL

All of my cars have special significances to me, so selling is MADDENING; I'm sure I'll shed a tear or more as each leaves for a new home/family.

* roadsNwheels + CapriceClassicForum = ROADS'n'WHEELS CAR CLUB / CAPRICE CLASSIC FORUM - Home *
"I ain't up to being strong now" __ Wynonna __ 'Is It Over Yet'

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
You know, at the end of the day they're just cars. The older I get the more I just don't care. A car is fun but it's a giant heap of metal and other bits. It doesn't matter and if headlights didn't make the front of a car look like a face, I'd probably have no emotional attachment to any of them. :) I used to buy cars and worry about whether they would rust because my intention was to keep everything I owned forever. Now I pat myself on the back if I keep something for more than a year.

Sounds like you made some pretty cool memories with these cars and those are what's important, not that you need me to tell you that. You sound a lot more emotionally mature than me anyhow. :)

KnightFan26917

Old Cars, Strong Hearts
Apr 28, 2009
Elgin IL
Sounds like you made some pretty cool memories with these cars and those are what's important, not that you need me to tell you that. You sound a lot more emotionally mature than me anyhow. :)

LOL!

But, yep, definitely made some awesome memories ... those can never be taken away. Yet...holy crap, this is NOT fun. And, while I know they are "just cars" ... they are part of my family.

*shrugs*

"I had a momentary temporary lack of self control" __ Ty Herndon __ 'I Want My Goodbye Back'

KnightFan26917

Old Cars, Strong Hearts
Apr 28, 2009
Elgin IL
Cort, I cannot believe this-- end of an era, but I hope the best solution finds you. Glad I got to be a part of your record breaking (and other meets).

Hope to see you soon-
Scott

Thanks, Scott. Heh ... I can't believe it either. VERY very frustrating (to put it nicely). And, glad you were part of that (and other) gatherings, too. Such a great time that year ... still not sure why it fizzled out in succeeding years. Maybe it was me...lol.

Yes, hope to see you soon, too ... gotta see that new Camaro of yours!

"Years and miles are flying by" __ Bon Jovi __ 'Lost Highway'

Thread Info