Mini cooper with team octane sticker???

justbob

Just a grandpa car with a vacuum leak.
Jan 23, 2010
Behind that famous burrito joint
Real Name
Bob
Saw a chick driving a gray copper s turning onto north ave from county farm. Car had a team octane sticker.

Last summer we both went for the green left turn at 59 S. to North Ave. E. Car had some pretty good pep for a Mini, she hung right with me in my blown Merc IIRC. Of course mine don't neccessarily like to turn on a dime...

R53 DeceptiCoop

No Dick Team Octane?
Apr 9, 2012
Wheaton, IL
I think my first "official" post is well suited here-
Yes, it's awful, but it wasn't this bad before the the headwork and s/c mod was done. My neighbors hate me, and my dog refuses to get into the Mini of his own free will. Lol I'm working on it, have one priority fix, and one mod to do before that becomes a biggy. AMS is going to have it for a week, it's their first open-source tuned Cooper, and I'm hoping it sees (relatively) big numbers- figured I'd have them or Twisted Pipes do a 1 off for me while it's being frankensteined. If you see me (hear me) on the road- yes, I'm having fun; no, I don't like the way it sounds; and yes, I'm sorry that you have to hear it.
Oh @ justbob- That was a long time ago, but I do remember :) That was before it had any of the invasive work done.

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
Yes, it's awful, but it wasn't this bad before the the headwork and s/c mod was done. My neighbors hate me, and my dog refuses to get into the Mini of his own free will. Lol I'm working on it, have one priority fix, and one mod to do before that becomes a biggy. AMS is going to have it for a week, it's their first open-source tuned Cooper, and I'm hoping it sees (relatively) big numbers- figured I'd have them or Twisted Pipes do a 1 off for me while it's being frankensteined. If you see me (hear me) on the road- yes, I'm having fun; no, I don't like the way it sounds; and yes, I'm sorry that you have to hear it.
Oh @ justbob- That was a long time ago, but I do remember :) That was before it had any of the invasive work done.

I can't believe I haven't seen this car before! Where in wheaton are you? Sounds like I should have heard it coming from the other side of town :s00ls:

R53 DeceptiCoop

No Dick Team Octane?
Apr 9, 2012
Wheaton, IL
I ran a late model Porsche 928 dead even up til we let off at 103mph...did some rough math, took his vehicle age and knocked it down a bit more hp for wear loss, and figured his power to weight ratio is roughly 11.9 to 12.1:1. That would put me just a shade over 220 now. I ordered an adjustable cam plate to advance 3% to pull back the powerband, since the head's been opened up, I've lost considerable low-end torque, and the cam is still climbing hard when I hit fuel cutoff. I also need to replace the bypass valve, it's worn, and I'm getting some boost bleed around 2000 rpm if there's load on the engine. I'm hoping my guys at AMS can bump the limiter to around 7200, adjust fuel trim for what the ecu almost does on it's own. That's really about all it needs. I'm not looking to get 100 hp on a tune but I'd be thrilled to get more off the line and maybe 15- 20 more hp. Anything more than that, and I'm getting into and LSD diff territory, and I'm not ready to drop 2k on that. Yet.

Abe- I'm in the neighborhood south of the country fairgrounds :)

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich

Candice!!!!

Glad you finally joined!

justbob

Just a grandpa car with a vacuum leak.
Jan 23, 2010
Behind that famous burrito joint
Real Name
Bob

I still remember thinkin WTF??? LOL! I figured you were on juice or something. In the world of hot rodding, that was a long time and many mods ago!

I'm in the neighborhood south of the country fairgrounds :)

Oh wow. I live in the neighborhood just north of the fairgrounds. Stop on by and throw her up on the lift, I wouldn't mind seeing your undercarriage. <Did that come out wrong? LOL! See ya around!

Thread Info