1MEANGT's 1990 GT Dart 363ci turbo build

1MEANGT

Braaaaaaap!!!
Mar 18, 2004
Well the Fox has been under the knife since I put her away in the fall. Figured I would start a thread now since things are moving along nicely. There has been a lot of things over the years I have wanted to do to the car and have decided now is the time. Pretty much re-doing the entire car.

Having a Dart Iron Eagle 363CI stroker built. New fuel system, suspension, brakes, built auto, ect... I should have the complete motor back in a few weeks from now. The car will be tuned on E85 through a BS3 management system. Here are some of the specs.......

Dart Iron Eagle big bore 8.2 block
Eagle 4340 forged crank
Eagle H-beam rods
Custom pistons
Hell Fire rings
Ed Curtis custom grind cam
Fully ported and built TFS twisted wedge heads
Ported Edlebrock Super Victor EFI intake
90mm Accufab TB

Power Adder
Precision PT78 HPS turbo
.96 exhaust housing
4" core air to air Intercooler
Tial 44mm wastegate
Tial 50mm BOV

Transmission
DRC built 4R70W
Lentech manual valve body with trans brake
Lentech custom converter
TCI Outlaw shifter

Rear End
Welded axle tubes
Solid upper bushings
31 spline Moser Axles
Auburn pro diff
3.27 gears

Fuel system
Complete BBRC fuel system (Tank to Rails)
Magnafuel 750 pump
120lb TFS injectors

Suspension
Team Z Chromoly tubular k-member
Team Z Chromoly tubular a-arms
Strange coilovers
Tokico 5-way adjustable struts/shocks
Global West lower control arms
X2C upper control arms.
Stock springs in rear

Brakes
SN95 hubs/spindles
Cross Drilled/Slotted rotors
SN95 front and rear calipers
North Racecars rear caliper brackets
MM braided brake lines

Engine Management
Big Stuff 3 TFI setup
Will be tuned on E85

I will be getting a 8 point roll bar with swing outs installed as well. This will remain 90% street car and 10% track. Trying to keep it that way at least.

Here are some pics that I have taken so far.

Motor removed, engine bay painted, and K-member installed
ic4aiq.jpg

34rd20n.jpg

New Super Victor EFI intake
2agsy1i.jpg

New custom pistons
jb67hg.jpg

New Dart IE big bore block
2wqevk2.jpg

73dvlc.jpg

New 4R70W Transmission
14ucsig.jpg

New front suspension and brakes
6nvwgy.jpg

Rear end ready to go back into the car.
wloltk.jpg

New fuel system going in
2wremo8.jpg

I will be updating this thread as the build moves forward. I will also need to thank a lot of people once this build is done :)

1MEANGT

Braaaaaaap!!!
Mar 18, 2004
Thanks guys! Got some more work done on the car last weekend. We got the rear end back in the car. The new brake setup is done and bled. Got the fuel system done up to the engine bay. New intercooler is installed. Hoping to have the motor back in the next week or two. Can't wait as I am about at a point where I need it to move forward. :biggthump

Fuel system installed
nl8yg0.jpg

Rear end and rear brakes
b9ghux.jpg

New 78mm Turbo
2mnem4z.jpg

Intercooler
2e37byh.jpg

1MEANGT

Braaaaaaap!!!
Mar 18, 2004
tell me about your fuel line. aeroquip or what? pretty easy to work with? I buying some int he next week. going with that black stuff... just need to decide which brand...
thanks
Lee

Hey Lee! It is a -10 feed and -8 return. Easy to work with, I really like it. Here are the specs:

Fragola premium black nylon race hose Synthetic core resistant to oil,fuels,coolants,and alcohols. 500 PSI working pressure Reinforced with A single braid of 302 stainless wire braid Operating range of -40 F to +300 F Black Braided Nylon cover makes this lightweight hose both durable and attractive

What you doin to the Viper???

D

Drlee50

Hey Lee! It is a -10 feed and -8 return. Easy to work with, I really like it. Here are the specs:

Fragola premium black nylon race hose Synthetic core resistant to oil,fuels,coolants,and alcohols. 500 PSI working pressure Reinforced with A single braid of 302 stainless wire braid Operating range of -40 F to +300 F Black Braided Nylon cover makes this lightweight hose both durable and attractive

What you doin to the Viper???

I ended up buying the same stuff. I am putting twin turbos on my car now.... twin 76's :)

D

Drlee50

I actually have a UGR kit less the cold side. The way they do it, they cut the shit out of your car. I cant believe people pay 30-40K to have their car all cut up to put these in! So I am making new down pipes and waste gate mounts etc. The headers are nice, but one side the bolt holes dont line up well. I have to fix that too. I have to fab up the cold side, modify this intercooler I have and I should be all set. I putting in a new fuel system and I put in a new turbo cam and valve springs etc to support the turbos. I need to find someone to tune it once its all built though. Not sure who I will contact for that...perhaps sound performance? guess we will see....
I want the build done by the end of the month, get it tuned early april and I have a 3 day track event at Autobahn CC first weekend in May. Really really needs to be ready for that event! Track fees are much more expensive than byron that for sure! LOL!

And you bet I will trade you ride for ride!!

Get er done!!

1MEANGT

Braaaaaaap!!!
Mar 18, 2004
I actually have a UGR kit less the cold side. The way they do it, they cut the shit out of your car. I cant believe people pay 30-40K to have their car all cut up to put these in! So I am making new down pipes and waste gate mounts etc. The headers are nice, but one side the bolt holes dont line up well. I have to fix that too. I have to fab up the cold side, modify this intercooler I have and I should be all set. I putting in a new fuel system and I put in a new turbo cam and valve springs etc to support the turbos. I need to find someone to tune it once its all built though. Not sure who I will contact for that...perhaps sound performance? guess we will see....
I want the build done by the end of the month, get it tuned early april and I have a 3 day track event at Autobahn CC first weekend in May. Really really needs to be ready for that event! Track fees are much more expensive than byron that for sure! LOL!

And you bet I will trade you ride for ride!!

Get er done!!

Just sick man! Sounds like you are motivated to get it done! Cannot wait to see the finished product. I may have to swing by sometime.

I am still waiting on my motor but am hoping not to much longer. I need to re-do some of my cold side and make a few changes to the hot side as well. Once that is done I am going to have Hans install my BS3 and do the wiring. Then I need Bob to tune it and have Chris put a 8 point in the car. So still a lot to do but hopefully the ball will be rolling again soon.

Thread Info