mark95turbo's 2000 GT

mark95turbo

Regular
Mar 20, 2011
Hey guys. New guy here from central IL. Ive been on CMC for years and this is my third mustang. Heres a little bit about it:

After a couple years of not owning a mustang I finally broke down and got another newedge! Just bought it on 12-01-10. Its got quite a bit done to it and it was headed in the right direction for what I want to do. Sorry for the crappy pictures. Barely had enough time to wash her and wax her before putting her away for the winter. It was cold and I was in a hurry and as you can see lighting conditions were not optimal. Since I bought the car and took these pics Ive pieced together mostly everything I will need to put a tork tech terminator kit on the car. Ive also lowered the car ~1" and installed new OEM 02-04 headlights and new 215\30-18 Falken Azenis on the rear. The body kit is also off at the shop being stripped and repainted.

Current Mods-
Engine: Blueprinted and balanced by speedinc
-VT 302 2V Sportsman longblock (forged internals to handle boost)
-Stage 2 Ported PI Heads
-Stage 3 Blower Cams
-Fluidine 2 Row Radiator

Air Fuel:
-3-04 Cobra SCT Big-Air MAF
-Trick Flow 75 MM Upper Plenum
-30LN Injectors

Drivetrain: (stock T45 for now)
-Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch
-FRPP Aluminum Flywheel
-PRO 5.0 Shifter
-Aluminum Driveshaft 1330 Yoke
-Motorsport 8.8 3.73

Exhaust:
-Kooks Longtubes headers
-Kooks catted X-pipe
-Magnaflow mufflers (Roush Side Pipes)

Suspension/Brakes:
-Powerslot rotors, (new Hawk HPS pads)
-J&M stainless steel brake hoses
-SLP brake control package
-Builltt Suspension kit
-FRPP Rear Upper/Lower Control Arms
-Energy PolyU. Bushings
-FRPP Bump Steer kit

Appearance:
-Roush Stage III body kit
-SHR brushed aluminum Billet fuel door
-Grill Delete Kit
-18x9 front and 18x10 deep dish rear Anthracite FR500 style replicas

IMG_2646.jpg

IMG_2648.jpg

IMG_2650.jpg

Future Plans:
-Supercharger-(Got most of the tork tech terminator kit pieced together)
-Supporting Fuel Mods
-Transmission Upgrade (probably 3650 unless I can find a cheap T-56)
-Window Tint
-Cobra R Hood

Mandatory mustang story:
Ive basically wanted one ever since I was a kid and have always been into cars. Back in 97 or 98 I test drove a 1993 GT with ~30K miles on her. I'll never forget putzing around in it while my dad sat in the passengers seat. All of the sudden he told me to turn onto this country road and about a mile down it he told me to turn around in the driveway. As I pulled away he said "wait wait wait" so I came to a stop in the middle of the street. I almost shit my pants when he said "lets see what this baby has, this is a test drive and this is an american muscle V8, get on it!" At 17 years old I decided I would own one some day. A few years later I got into rice burners and owned several Mitsu Eclipse\Eagle Talon's. Ive got to admit AWD with a massive turbo was alot of fun but I still found myself desiring that V8 RWD platform. I got rid of all of my toys and began saving for a real car.

Back in 2006 I found my first mustang which I searched long and hard for. It had to be a black on black 5-speed with low miles. It took me about a year of looking but I finally found her in the Joliet area for a good price and low miles. It was lightly modded with all of the free air mods and I basically just drove it on nice days and kept it locked in the garage.

About a year later I found a decent shaped 1990 5.0 LX notch some guy was selling down the street. I promptly sold my 96 contour for dirt cheap and bought the 5.0 as a DD. It was stock and I planned on keeping it that way but soon found it hard to get into that HO 5.0 car and hear that "quiet" stock exhaust. I sold the 5.0 before she also became a money pit and bought a truck as a DD.

January of 2008 I was about an hour away from home at some training for 5 days when I got a call from a buddy of mine. He informed me there was terrible flooding in the town I lived in and my neighborhood was under 2-4 feet of water. I got home to find 18" of water had crept into my car while I was away. I fought with the ins company who appraised the damage at 1300 for a professional carpet shampoo. Boy were they suprised when that 1300 turned into a 7K repair bill over a 5 month period. I promptly sold the car to another CMC member for dirt cheap when I got it back. Bought myself a Harley to replace the mustang as I was fairly sour with cars at this point. The Harley was fun for about a year and now we never ride it since I now have a 1 year old daughter. This summer we threw around the idea of getting rid of the Harley and getting a car so we could take the daughter with. We decided to sell the harley in the spring and start looking for a car and I started lurking on the forums again. I found the 2000 GT and even though I still have the harley I couldnt pass this one up. The Harley is still going in the spring and pretty much all of the money from the payments will go towards getting the Mustang where I want it.

Update 04-13-11
-Repainted the Bumpers and side skirts and reinstalled them.
-Installed brand new OEM 02-04 Headlights.
-Lowered ~1.75"
-Cat Delete + MIL eliminators (really brought out that Cammed sound but its still pretty quiet till you romp on it)
-Custom Fabbed Ford Emblem replaced Grill Pony.
-2.5" HO Fibertrends 95 Cobra R style hood.
-Blower and most of parts needed for install are in garage. :)
-Fixed Coolant\Oil Leak
-Fixed Idle problem (New Fuel Pump and FRPS)
-Brand new Falken Azenis 315/30 18's out back.

IMG_2869.jpg

IMG_2876.jpg

IMG_2880.jpg

IMG_2884.jpg

IMG_2889.jpg

IMG_2890.jpg

IMG_2893.jpg

IMG_2894.jpg

IMG_2899.jpg

IMG_2900.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg

mark95turbo

Regular
Mar 20, 2011
You buy this car from a guy in Roselle? Looks identical and sounds like the same mods. He was a member on here too. Used to see it cruising the Roselle area all the time.

Yep! I got it for a pretty good deal but it had a few kinks to work out. When I bought it it had a slight oil leak, slight coolant leak, and was idling funny. Turns out the oil filter housing gasket was bad, the (brand new) radiator has a pin hole in one of the welds, and the fuel rail pressure sensor was toast. Oil leak is fixed, new FRPS and Kenne Bell FRPS Disc are in the mail, and as soon as its back together its going in to see if the radiator can be fixed or if I need a new one. Also the bumpers and side skirts were pretty beat up paint wise. They are currently at the body shop being stripped, prepped, and painted. Should be back on the road in time for the SVT cruise to Peoria. :biggthump

mark95turbo

Regular
Mar 20, 2011
nice lookin ride/setup. always liked what roush has done with the looks of the mustang

Thanks! Ive always been a "sleeper" kind of guy and usually prefer the looks of stock cars but this one already had the body kit on it when I got it. I originally planned on selling the kit and switching to stock side skirts, rear valance and a cobra front end but Its kinda growing on me. I just payed a fortune to have the whole kit stripped and repainted so its staying for now. Plus the car has a noticeable cam lope and will have a very recognizable eaton whine so whats the point of looking stock if it obviously isnt? haha

mark95turbo

Regular
Mar 20, 2011
I'm not keeping up with this thread well. Ive done LOTS since I last posted.

Dual Cobra Pumps, 40A KB BAP, Subfram Connectors, Custom in dash gauge pod (made it myself), AEM Wideband, Autometer Boost Gauge, etc.... I am also done piecing together the tork tech kit. I have a stegi ported eaton and the manifold\crossbrace assembly came today. Hope to have it back up and running\tuned within a few weeks.

f07e47bc.jpg

^^I told him to get used to being back there. haha

IMG_3697.jpg

IMG_36612.jpg

IMG_3616.jpg

IMG_3726.jpg

IMG_3795.jpg

Thread Info