My 01 GSXR 1000

Aron

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2005
Oh, did I forget to mention that I bought a bike on Monday? It's going to be a fun summer! :D

Here it is, my 01 Gixxer 1k.
Lowered
Frame, swingarm, wheels, engine covers, pretty much everything polished
Micron high mount slip on (blue/silver can)
Power commander
Yoshimura fuel management
Back seat and cowl cover

Came with matching helmet, jacket and gloves, and a cover
Has minor rash on left side, but it's not bad and will be easy inexpensive fix.

Used my buddy's 12' enclosed trailer to bring it home

bike.jpg

get-attachmentaspx-1.jpg

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
Oh, did I forget to mention that I bought a bike on Monday? It's going to be a fun summer! :D

Here it is, my 01 Gixxer 1k.
Lowered
Frame, swingarm, wheels, engine covers, pretty much everything polished
Micron high mount slip on (blue/silver can)
Power commander
Yoshimura fuel management
Back seat and cowl cover

Came with matching helmet, jacket and gloves, and a cover
Has minor rash on left side, but it's not bad and will be easy inexpensive fix.

Used my buddy's 12' enclosed trailer to bring it home

bike.jpg

get-attachmentaspx-1.jpg

Ah yes, the grandfather of literbikes. I lusted over that bike until 2004 at which point I bought the '04 Mladdin edition. Put just over 600 miles on it before some gutless motherless punk took it from me one night. I went out and replaced it with an 05 ZX10. Almost a year to the day the suzuki was stolen, so was the ZX10. That was the last bike I owned because we were still at that same apartment. I vowed to get another literbike when we got a house. Its been 5 years since we got the house, and still no bike.

shit.

Aron

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2005
Yeah, I sold my last bike back in 98 shortly after I got the Z. My intention was to buy a new bike the following spring, but the mod bug bit me with the Camaro. Every year since then I told myself this will be the year to finally get another bike, but then every spring the Camaro always needed a transmission, rear end, engine, etc. Well I paid the Blazer off and I'm doing a lot better at budgeting my money now, so I said WTF may as well do it now.

I always wanted a Gixxer too, ever since 86. Now I finally have one. Oh, the car got some love coming too. Fuck this was an expensive week! :clap:

Aron

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2005
Thanks Mike. Dave, I will do. I want to make the trek out to Sandwich soon to pull the battery and bring it home to put on the tender.

Brian, now that I am thinking about it, the Gixxer isn't the grandfather of the liter bike, the R1 came first ;)

Thread Info