GLADIATOR Racing Inc.

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
Ever since I was a kid I wanted to own a true race car. I have raced and owned a lot of fast street cars but never a full chassied car. I become attached to the cars I own and I believe this mustang found me...we were destined to be together. After several owners that just traded the car because no one wanted to fix all the problems the car had, I traded my back-halved 67 Chevelle Pro Street for it. All the problems were mechanical. The body and paint is perfect except for some chips from the one piece frontend mounting points. As I began to fix one thing I found another problem. I ended up redoing the complete brake system, the complete fuel system, the complete ignition system, and finally the entire electrical system. Everything I have learned through my years as a gear head was put to the test in this Mustang. In the summer of 2010 I actually got the car running and attended some local cruise nights and accomplished my 2010 goal of driving the car to the Good Guys Car Show at Chicagoland Speedway. Not only did I make the show but they used a picture of my car on their website. I overacheived in 2010. I am currently preparing the car and myself to go down the dragstrip for the first time in probably 15 years for both. I spoke with the original owner/builder of the Mustang. He ran a best of 9.2 sec. in the quartermile with just a plate system. The next owner after him added a fogger kit and ran an 8.8 sec. in the quartermile. That was with older parts. Now, I have upgraded everything. My goal is to make safe full passes in the car. After testing on the back roads near my house, I found out this car is a topend screamer. Coupled with it's ridiculous light weight....my goal is high nine NA power and high eight sprayin. I know alot of you don't believe my car is capable of an eight second pass but I have felt the power of this machine and it is hands down the fastest car I have driven or been in. 2011 will be a year that I achieve a life long goal of mine....racing a real race car.

"Juan, what do you want to be when you grow up?"
"A race car driver."

Thanks for looking and hope you enjoy the pictures.

Juan aka GLADIATOR

19825723-580.jpg

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
This is the most recent picture of the car in December 2010. I completly disassembled the front end and in the process of adding energy suspension bushings and new HD Moog ball joints as well as new shocks. The mustang's front suspension was in need of a makeover after countless wheelies off the line:eek::eek:

19825367-770.jpg

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
I was workin on the car tonight. I am replacing the cheap seat cover on the drivers side racing seat. One of the previous owners had stuffed two pillows behind the black cover to soften the buttocks while in the car. I found a couple of mouse turds, which is not uncommon in old cars, but then I looked closer and one of the pillows had a hole in it and to my surprise I found a mummified mouse. Poor guy...prolly got squashed to death. Littleguy finally earned it's wings today...RIP.

picture.php

Thread Info