Finally, the new hooptie...The GTP Replacement!

GraFFix

A 302 and a little boost
Jan 3, 2008
NW Chicago
Well after a tedious search, lots of frustrating drives to see junk, 50+ phone calls to dealers and driving all over the dam place I finally found one I was happy with. Luckily I found one in Illiinois...this weekend I was planning a trip to Wisconsin to look at a few of them.

I didnt get the year I wanted...was looking for a 2000-01 but I settled on a 97. Same year as the GTP I just sold. But the condition cant be beat. The thing is clean, there is a small dent on the tailgate but Im pretty sure I can just pop it out. regardless, the price, the miles (75K) and the condition is exactly what I wanted.

Here it is crappy pic and all. Ill have better ones as soon as I get a different camera. Plus I basically just brought it home...its the only pic I took, im tired and going to bed. the search is over.

Mods soon to follow, Ive already begun shopping around...haha

2h6ab03.jpg

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
when you lift it... ( i know you are going to) when you get rear leaf packs (cuz blocks just aint right) i warn you, you will hate the front leaf spring bolts. they suck balls. also, if you plan on removing your shocks in the rear, dont even worry about unbolting them, they will all break. for sure.

if you want any help modding it. let me know. the month process mine took me, taught me a lot.

GraFFix

A 302 and a little boost
Jan 3, 2008
NW Chicago
ooooOOOOoooo cherokee!
Im planning on one to replace the alero when its paid off next year.
Tho Im gonna get a Limited. I had a sport, liked it. I sat in a limited, Loved it (they have more toys and better seats).
yea but they are also harder to find...especially with lower mileage. You can get a classic or a limited they have the leather and other goodies. The sport works for me...When I start running shit over the cloth seats will help keep me in place. you tend to slide around on leather seats lol

when you lift it... ( i know you are going to) when you get rear leaf packs (cuz blocks just aint right) i warn you, you will hate the front leaf spring bolts. they suck balls. also, if you plan on removing your shocks in the rear, dont even worry about unbolting them, they will all break. for sure.

if you want any help modding it. let me know. the month process mine took me, taught me a lot.
Cool, I might take you up on your offer. you know its gonna get lifted:bigthumb:

nice I need a winter ride, how cheap can you pick one up for?
If you look around and take your time...around 5k :)

If your in a hurry and dont mind mileage Ive seen them out there as high as 8k which is crazy IMO. Lots of them out there with 100+ miles which is ok most of the time with the 4.0 I6 engine. like I said I was just picky and wanted something with a little lower miles.

GraFFix

A 302 and a little boost
Jan 3, 2008
NW Chicago
LOL I couldnt resist...Picked up some new tires today. Wanted a more beefy look. The ones on the truck were brand new when I bought it but reminded me of car tires to much. looked into what the biggest tire I could fit on stock suspension for now and went to the local used tire place and found a set that were in excellent condition for only $100 mounted and balanced! I had to do it. Not much of a mod and the pic doesnt do it justice but it made a big difference in how the jeep looks...at least to me.

new2rm.jpg

Thread Info