Well.... I did it...

1FastWS6

Slow and only getting Slower...
Jun 20, 2007
I had been trying to sell the red grand prix for awhile and no dice.. So i tried putting the 40th up for sale as well to try and get rid of both cars and just drive the durangos... but only a few bites on that. Soo.... it was time to look around for another car in reason that I can trade in on. Decided to look for some GXP's since i like the grand prixs as a daily and easy to maintain so after a few weeks of browsing in the area.. I picked one out.

2006 grand prix gxp
black/black
Fully loaded with navigation
30k miles
K&N intake with magnaflow exhaust.

I test drove the car today, and really fell in love it. The seats are damn cozy, has pretty nice pickup, with a really nice tone to it. The previous owner did the mods and also left his sound system in it, so that will be removed. He dynamated the whole back half of the car which makes the inside super quiet. All in all im very pleased and excited about this car, was well kept and is still under warranty. well enough chit chat, heres a few pics.

gxp1.jpg

gxp2.jpg

gxp3.jpg

gxp4.jpg

gxp5.jpg

gxp6.jpg

gxp7.jpg

gxp8.jpg

gxp9.jpg

Well, let me know what you all think. Ill toss new and better pics up on friday.

GraFFix

A 302 and a little boost
Jan 3, 2008
NW Chicago
Actually jewel can pay pretty well as long as you put your time in. My GF's mom works there and makes dam good money, but shes also a manager. I worked there about 16 years ago and made $5.15 an hour grabbin carts and tying to pick up chicks in the parking lot with my brown apron on...gangster!

Nice car, although I dont know how you guys can stay in the same type of car over and over. I had my GP for like 8 years and am acutally happy to be looking for something different to drive. Although im sure the GXP isnt anything like the 97-03 gp's.

1FastWS6

Jun 20, 2007
Actually jewel can pay pretty well as long as you put your time in. My GF's mom works there and makes dam good money, but shes also a manager. I worked there about 16 years ago and made $5.15 an hour grabbin carts and tying to pick up chicks in the parking lot with my brown apron on...gangster!

Nice car, although I dont know how you guys can stay in the same type of car over and over. I had my GP for like 8 years and am acutally happy to be looking for something different to drive. Although im sure the GXP isnt anything like the 97-03 gp's.

Yeah, jewel pays really well actually if you are on the old contract. Time and a half on sundays is the best, and I push full time hours as a part timer with school... so what else do i really have to spend money on but cars!?? :)

I love the grand prixs, they are just all around fun... I decided ive had 3 97-03 model grand prixs and though I would try the v-8 version since the insurance is cheaper compared to 2 cars, and my payment is alot less than the 40th. Dont forget I dont just have a grand prix... The trans am is there too! haha.

1FastWS6

Jun 20, 2007
congrats on the car, I noticed the sign for currie motors in frankfort and I must say they are a bunch of D-bags salesmen there. Nice car, i just picked of a GXP two months ago too.

surprisingly.. these guys were nice as hell and I made sure i knocked them down to the payments I want. They cleaned the car up real nice, tossed on new tires and made sure everything was ready to roll. I was going to compliment yours and ask what you thought of it before i went on the hunt.. but i couldnt pass this up. Love your color and how it sits now!

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
I was there almost a year ago when I was looking for a pick up and they were pushy assbags, I argued with them for four hours on the deal after I told them what I wanted my payment to be and if you cant make it then I will leave now. Then finally gave up and demanded my keys back for the Grand Prix that I was looking on trading in at the time. I bought my 06 from a local dealer in a hour lol, test drove the car, they gave me a number i liked and signed some papers.

1FastWS6

Jun 20, 2007
Damn, Shawns a baller.

If parents offer to drive durango, I would have just sold both your cars and paid off the TA. no car payment, and Durango in winter FTW.

I was paying insurance on a car I didnt even drive... I had it on the market for god knows how long... and nothing. So it was time to step up and make a better choice. As for the T/A I paid cash for it.... so I'll stick to the gxp and insurance payment. But thanks all for the compliments, I want to pick up the car already!! haha.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
I was paying insurance on a car I didnt even drive... I had it on the market for god knows how long... and nothing. So it was time to step up and make a better choice. As for the T/A I paid cash for it.... so I'll stick to the gxp and insurance payment. But thanks all for the compliments, I want to pick up the car already!! haha.

I hope you didnt have full coverage on the red GTP this whole time... Storage insurance is all you need for cars you don't drive. It just covers theft, fire, and shit like that. It was cheap, when I put it on my TA for the winter, probably $20 a month. If the car is financed you have to get full coverage all the time though. I was under the assumption that you were demoding and selling the red car and your other grand prix's to buy the TA. People just arnt buying cars at this time. I dont think dealers are selling cars either. Most people are just trying to get by. I know I am. I am trying to sell a few cars currently, but no real interest. Seems people on the forums/craigslist are just cheap fucks and or tire kickers. I need to put the cars in Autotrader or something. The dealer wont give me anywhere close to what I want for them. In your cars case, I think the fact that it was moded then turned to stock that turned away some buyers, and the paintjob. I hope to see the new race-car at Byron next week!

Thread Info