Aurora meet @northgate mall. Sat. 8/27 street action to follow....

Bad00ss

Rockford's Slow Junk
Apr 15, 2006
So it was brought to my attention that cars have been hanging out at Northgate shopping center in Aurora. Number one lets make it big and get some cars to just hang out, haven't met many of you in person. The police were cool last week and let everyone sit in the parking lot with no issues I was told. Number two....Last week a bunch of races went down and they told us to bring faster cars. All of you guys live closer than I do and I'm gonna trailer the car down so Lets get as many cars as we can out. I figure if they scared of the cars I bring with me then I'll race someone off this forum and we will use their road to get it done lol. I'm up for a new area and new scene so I'm ready to see these new cars and hopefully get a race off, if not atleast we got a safe place to hang out with car guys and shoot the shit.

Its right off 31 in Aurora. I'm guessing they hang out at about 9pm till whenever.

Northgate shopping center 900 N Lake St, Ste 210, Aurora, IL 60506-2516

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
How old are these people? I haven't heard someone say bring faster cars next time in a long time. That usually spells disaster for that person next race lol

Either these cars are damn quick or they are big headed teens who think a Camaro with an exhaust is fast.

Bad00ss

Rockford's Slow Junk
Apr 15, 2006
Some calls have been made and possibly some old school guys with real cars may be coming out. So I'm bringing my car just in case. I'll race anything they got on a 28 heads up. If they got a bunch of stock 5th gen camaros then i will unhook the trailer and proceed to drag their ass with my trailblazer lol.

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
I thought that whole northgate crew was older people who are just out there for some cruise night nostalgia. I live 5 minutes away and have never been by. My brother has a few buddies who go up there and have a couple roads they use, but they already commented on Marty's post and don't have anything that would sit with serious street cars.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I used to hang out at Northgate back in the early 90's to the mid 2000's. We tried to get the Schaumburg crew to bring fast stuff up there. Tuff-E-Nuff brought a large crowd with him one night. He lost a race and none of those guys came back to Northgate again. At that time some of the guys at Northgate had some of the fastest cars around.

I was up there about a month ago. I saw 4-5 cars that could potentially be quick. No 7 or 8 second cars. Not sure any of them could have gone 9's on a prepped track. That being said, there are plenty of cars out that way that could run a quick number.

I would love to see that be a hot spot again. The cops have way more to worry about than people hanging out there. As long as shit doesn't get stupid. And they would try to bust a couple races a year. But for the most part, they left us alone.

blck10th

TCG Elite Member
Jan 11, 2007
I used to hang out at Northgate back in the early 90's to the mid 2000's. We tried to get the Schaumburg crew to bring fast stuff up there. Tuff-E-Nuff brought a large crowd with him one night. He lost a race and none of those guys came back to Northgate again. At that time some of the guys at Northgate had some of the fastest cars around.

I was up there about a month ago. I saw 4-5 cars that could potentially be quick. No 7 or 8 second cars. Not sure any of them could have gone 9's on a prepped track. That being said, there are plenty of cars out that way that could run a quick number.

I would love to see that be a hot spot again. The cops have way more to worry about than people hanging out there. As long as shit doesn't get stupid. And they would try to bust a couple races a year. But for the most part, they left us alone.

Then it's none of the old school guys Hanging out there.

I think I'll show up. I don't actually know most people in this thread

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I doubt most of those older guys are out there. I doubt many of them even own those cars anymore and/or street race. lol

It was a pretty young crowd when I was there. It also cleared out pretty early. But as more people show up and more races happen I am sure it could be another good late night spot, like it used to be.

Thread Info