Winfield IL
1010961_10151453525431835_1230093180_n.png

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Id rather see old classic cars at a show then a bunch of old dudes driving 5th gen Camaros or new Grand Sport Vettes. Sure a lot of the same cars goto the same show but that's what old dudes do, every night they hit the same shows every week.

Don't get me wrong, I like new(er) cars, but only because I am younger. IMO Lukes is not a "car show", its more of a gathering. Like Strats, Streets, Barrington and Irving etc.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
Id rather see old classic cars at a show then a bunch of old dudes driving 5th gen Camaros or new Grand Sport Vettes. Sure a lot of the same cars goto the same show but that's what old dudes do, every night they hit the same shows every week.

Don't get me wrong, I like new(er) cars, but only because I am younger. IMO Lukes is not a "car show", its more of a gathering. Like Strats, Streets, Barrington and Irving etc.

tumblr_lp5pubiT6C1r01dx2o1_500.jpg

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010

Barrington and Irving, lmao. That's digging deep into the vault. First street I ever had was from B&I back in the early 2000's.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
no doubt, and would be better if it was all current cars. But the amount of cars, plus the people and vendors is good. But I have seen most of those exact same cars at every car show for the last several years that I have been going to car shows. The same gimmicky crap and people.

mchenry show was fucking insane last night... such ridiculously awesome cars... 58 fairlane with a termi swap... cobra with grand national powertrain, some ridiculously awesome gassers, nasty foxes etc etc

Euro

GM or Nothing
Oct 22, 2007
Roselle
Real Name
Matt
mchenry show was fucking insane last night... such ridiculously awesome cars... 58 fairlane with a termi swap... cobra with grand national powertrain, some ridiculously awesome gassers, nasty foxes etc etc

Yeah but you see those cars at every cruise night....that gets boring as shit, much rather see a parking lot with 5.0's, Corvettes, and 5th Gen Camaros galore. That's the shit mang. Who needs old cars, they're ghey. :picard:

ThirdgenTa

TCG Elite Member
Mar 17, 2008
Aurora
Yeah but you see those cars at every cruise night....that gets boring as shit, much rather see a parking lot with 5.0's, Corvettes, and 5th Gen Camaros galore. That's the shit mang. Who needs old cars, they're ghey. :picard:

Yeah. I can't stand in parking lots anymore for a long period of time. Especially when you are seeing the same cars. I would much rather be out riding or cruising in the car.

Euro

GM or Nothing
Oct 22, 2007
Roselle
Real Name
Matt
There's a yellow 5th Gen that trolls all the cruise nights/shows up this way that's all catalog'ed out. Almost no go-fast mods, but transformers shit and yellow paint EVERYWHERE. He pedo's around with a microphone hooked up to the car and will pretend the car is talking to you...he'll comment on your shirt, "be sure to not touch bumblebee!", "look at the mirrors under the car!", all that nonsense. Total creeper.

bmoore04

TCG Elite Member
Jul 30, 2010
Winfield IL
I gave a 16 year old a ride in my car from the car show yesterday. Made his year.

I thought that kid was going to jerk you off.

There's a yellow 5th Gen that trolls all the cruise nights/shows up this way that's all catalog'ed out. Almost no go-fast mods, but transformers shit and yellow paint EVERYWHERE. He pedo's around with a microphone hooked up to the car and will pretend the car is talking to you...he'll comment on your shirt, "be sure to not touch bumblebee!", "look at the mirrors under the car!", all that nonsense. Total creeper.

He is not nearly as cool as the guy/girl who had the full body suit on at Sturgis last week.

1013758_10200867577670452_16019009_n.jpg

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010

LMAO, I know exactly who you're talking about. Worst abomination of a Camaro ever.

Thread Info