• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

shift points for street and strip

Silverback

Oct 19, 2011
I took Silverback to an unknown tuner a while back and he did not really know how to tune the Marauder's transmission. I'm left with an unwieldy tranny tune.

So my questions are: In part throttle operation, at what speed should the 1-2 shift be made, and the 2-3 shift and the O/D? At what speed should the torque converter lock up, 45 or 65 MPH?

In WOT opperation, Is 6K RPM for at the 1-2 shift OK? What RPM for the 2-3 shift? What about O/D in WOT operation, left off?

The car has 4:10's and a 3500 stall converter.

Any dyno tuning shops that you can recommend within a days journey from Shreveport, La. would be helpful. I know about Mo's.

Thanks for your help.

Pat

i

BUCKWHEAT

Finally 11.927 at 117.25
May 18, 2012
Ladue, Missouri
I took Silverback to an unknown tuner a while back and he did not really know how to tune the Marauder's transmission. I'm left with an unwieldy tranny tune.

So my questions are: In part throttle operation, at what speed should the 1-2 shift be made, and the 2-3 shift and the O/D? At what speed should the torque converter lock up, 45 or 65 MPH?

In WOT opperation, Is 6K RPM for at the 1-2 shift OK? What RPM for the 2-3 shift? What about O/D in WOT operation, left off?

The car has 4:10's and a 3500 stall converter.

Any dyno tuning shops that you can recommend within a days journey from Shreveport, La. would be helpful. I know about Mo's.

Thanks for your help.

Pat

i
Pat, Lidio did my trans tune & has the part-throttle shifts feeling 'normal' to Gina. My WOT 1-2 shift is at 6400 (with Crower cams). Same for 2-3. I always leave OD off at WOT. Power shifts are firm but not harsh, as with some prior tunes. Not a days drive, but could be a long weekend!
John

Silverback

Oct 19, 2011
Pat, I will look for your file when I have time and see what's up. When I drove the car it seemed fine.

Thanks, Zack. That should help in undertstanding what my SOP is telling me.

Regards,

Pat

BTW, Silverback's mom sends her best.

Attachments

• DSC05732.JPG
    DSC05732.JPG
    142.5 KB · Views: 46
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info