• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

coolant tank/hose no pressure

breeze

Apr 10, 2012
Drove home from work checked coolant tank on flat ground twisted cap off and didn't have a ounce off pressure behind it and was a bit on cooler side . Felt the hoses and could squeeze them so no pressure there either. Pulled up on incline and twisted co tube cap and coolant wanted to come out. Cars not over heating, have ac and heat but something doesn't seem right. Past 2 days I could hear noise under hood as I walked to it while it was running and today smelt coolant ass I walked into work. Do I have something or not?

breeze

Apr 10, 2012
With new cap had pressure but could squeeze. Don't remember how much pressure its supposed to have. Then dribbled out of the bleeder so I put permitex on threads. No more dribble out of c/o tube but haven't checked it really since. Tomorrow I'll check, maybe I'll just replace tstat.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info