• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Need Meth Injection Input please

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
First off , not for my car.

The Marauder I did last year is coming back for a few things and I suggested the Meth kit be installed.

The car has 10:1 compression, a D1 procharger and about 16psi.
It made good power on E85 but not so good on 93 due to the extremely low timing.

I want him to be able to fill up at any pump with 93 and have E85 performance.

Since Im no Meth expert, I put this up to get the thoughts of the group, so I know if its a good decision or not.

Thanks in advance!

MrFosta

Cali Imported
Jan 26, 2013
Chicago, IL
I run 100% meth with a good kit, and I have timing that is similar to what my buddies that run e85 use. I use a dual nozzle setup and it takes FOREVER to empty out my 2 gallon tank.

The most important thing is BUY A GOOD KIT. There are quite a few shitty kits around and most of them have names that you will recognize. Over time most of these kits will fail and cause severe engine destruction when they do.

I use http://alkycontrol.com/ . They make kits custom to your application for a competitive price. Julio is the owner and he does the orders, he is extremely good at what he does.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
$1,000 to $1,200 for a kit?!?!? Maybe for a diesel truck, but no way for a car.

In my opinion the only reason people blow motors with the use of Meth Kits is because they run Meth based tunes and do not do the basic maintenance that goes along with these systems.

Wild White Pony

TCG Elite Member
Oct 13, 2012
^^^^^ This guy's got it right. ^^^^^

Running a Centri blower you should have no problems. If your running boost with a direct displacement or turbo, I would E85. From my experience you get a lag in the injection of the meth so tip in detonation is a risk, but with a centri the boost builds slower and your fuel system has a better chance at keeping up when transition happens between Vac and Boost. Checking the system should be a routine not a install and forget you will be sorry. Get the IAT relocation kit from brenspeed which mounts the sensor on the manifold and let the computer pull timing if it see's a temp spike from meth failure. Make sure you put a low level light in the cabin and attach a bike pump to the vac line and prime the pump and check your nozzels before floggings. I run the Stage 3 Snowkit with a vortech and have no problems using both Boost and PW reference, but always run routine checks. I also don't run raggid edge meth dependent tunes.

http://www.brenspeed.com/breniatrelocation.html

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
I used the snow kit and I am switching this year to the AEM kit mostly due to the fact that I want a meth tune and failure protection with the AEM add on flow detector kit was better than most of what I saw out there except for the very expensive aquamist system.

Key is checking your nozzles, having a filter, and having safeguards in place. Mine simply turns off my boost when it is inactive. Or I can set it to trigger a different map if I ever get around to finishing my second ECU.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
I never really got around to doing my homework on meth systems.

Wondering what the main considerations you need to take into account when choosing a system?

Any diff between FI systems (IE:turbo'd or centri applications)?

What are the base safety features one should be required to purchase to make the system failsafe in the event of a pump failure or an empty tank?

zenriddles

Guns don't kill people, 'vaccines' do
Aug 18, 2005
Holiday Inn
I have been running an old Snow Performance kit on my Ford's for about 10 yrs. Meth injection gets the job done. Just pay attention to the tank and keep it topped off.
Mine is simple boost reference at the moment. I have a speed density control on a '94 5.8L Lightning pushing about 8 psi.
I run about 65% meth, 35% water.

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
$1,000 to $1,200 for a kit?!?!? Maybe for a diesel truck, but no way for a car.

In my opinion the only reason people blow motors with the use of Meth Kits is because they run Meth based tunes and do not do the basic maintenance that goes along with these systems.

AEM wants:

$138 for the 5 gal tank
$391 for the pump and jet kit
$277 for the failsafe setup w/ gauge
$124 for 2 more nozzles to do the 3 setup noted above
$29 for the filter.
$??? For additional hoses, wires and random fittings for install

Looks like easily over $1k to me

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info