• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

No longer a lurker

After a year of lurking I decided to register. I do have motives though. I have been in touch with OBX and I have finally convinced them to change the flanges on their crown vic kits to a 4V flange for the Marauder. You guys are a pretty open minded. If the kit, headers to the tailpipes was offered $700 shipped would anyone here be interested? I have no financial incentives here and won't make a penny from this, just want to get an idea of interest. The kit would include headers with O2 bungs and egr port, an expansion resonator that looks like a spun cat but is just hollow pipe, X pipe and mufflers plus all hangers. All out of 306SS. Thoughts?
product_photo-large_image-1391.jpg

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
Lawl.

It isn't free market enterprise when someone else does the R&D to have another company copy the exact dimensions down to the bends and welding and start producing the same header for half the price because they stole the design. That's called theft.

It seems LS1GTO took down all the OBX threads but there are pictures somewhere showing Kook's LTs next to OBX LTs and they are one and the same. Literally. Except the OBX have 3 or 4 pieces of piping welded together whereas the Kooks are all mandrel bent from the primary to the collector.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Reverse engineering is what china is good at. They're also great at using sub par steel to make exhaust that'll crack or rust through.

Kooks have a life time warranty too. Sure they cost a lot but in the end I'd rather buy 1 set and have them work then buy a set of cheap ones that'll probably not fit 100% and end up cracking anyways.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info