• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

How to adjust height???

4DoorBlackTop

Addict
Sep 28, 2005
With winter coming up it looks like I will be driving the Marauder again. When I put on the snow tires the car sits lower because of simply having smaller tires and it bottoms out easier... for snow this is an issue.

I recall we can adjust the air ride I think, but can we do it with the coil over shocks up front? I was thinking of raising the height maybe two inches, I have seen it on a few police cars here, but I know CVs do not have air ride.

How simple can this be done?

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2010
North Aurora
yhu4e8uj.jpg

MMBLUE

Regular
Apr 27, 2011
Dom, Just above the rear end housing in between the gas tank and the watts link, you will find an adjustment for the air ride. Moving it oneway goes up and the other goes the opposite. I will try to find a pic over at the other site and post it if a can find one. It looks like a 3" metal rod slightly horizontal about 3-4 inches long. I think it's an 8mm and a 11mm wrench you will need to adjust it. Don't move it too much because a little is a lot sometimes. Also, make sure you shut off the air ride switch first. Measure outside at wheel well, shut off air ride, move adjustment small increments, tighten. Measure and repeat process until you get it how you want it.

Sorry no pic. I can't find one but, here's a recent discussion Help wanna lower mm need idea's!!!!!!!! - MercuryMarauder.net Forums

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
Dom, Just above the rear end housing in between the gas tank and the watts link, you will find an adjustment for the air ride. Moving it oneway goes up and the other goes the opposite. I will try to find a pic over at the other site and post it if a can find one. It looks like a 3" metal rod slightly horizontal about 3-4 inches long. I think it's an 8mm and a 11mm wrench you will need to adjust it. Don't move it too much because a little is a lot sometimes. Also, make sure you shut off the air ride switch first. Measure outside at wheel well, shut off air ride, move adjustment small increments, tighten. Measure and repeat process until you get it how you want it.

Sorry no pic. I can't find one but, here's a recent discussion Help wanna lower mm need idea's!!!!!!!! - MercuryMarauder.net Forums

Are ya kidding? I provided a link with pictures 4 posts ago.
:facepalm:

4DoorBlackTop

Addict
Sep 28, 2005
Bottoms out? Wtf....what size tires are you running?

I am unaware of the size off the top of my head. They are tucked away in about 20 minutes of random car crap.

The car will not bottom out on the road, but when the snow is thick... like before the city gets to plowing it, it can be an issue when pulling out of a parking space in the street. Snow is the "bottom out" issue, not the drivability.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
I am unaware of the size off the top of my head. They are tucked away in about 20 minutes of random car crap.

The car will not bottom out on the road, but when the snow is thick... like before the city gets to plowing it, it can be an issue when pulling out of a parking space in the street. Snow is the "bottom out" issue, not the drivability.

Get better tires? My car is low as fuck as does just fine.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info