Forum Register TCG Mobile Casino Live Posting Feed Garage Arcade Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   The Chicago Garage > The Garage > TCG Technical > The Blue Oval > Marauder Tech

User Tag List

Like Tree11Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-02-2012, 09:41 PM   #1
 
musclemerc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 554
Casino cash: $7378400
0.16 per day
Default Trilogy #251??????

I picked up this Trilogy recently from hotford with the help from a fellow Marauder owner that passed my info along to the seller:
For Sale Trilogy Supercharger F/S - MercuryMarauder.net Forums

BIG shout out to Poppa J for helping me out! I owe you one...

The unit has 6000 miles on it and includes a 3.0 upper pully and a stock Trilogy lower. Its in almost new condition, The original owner moved up to a Trilogy T/S and kept all the other Trilogy parts inplace on his Marauder, hence the reason I'm dubbing this build Trilogy#251H.... Its gonna be a Hybrid. LOL!!!
I'm sure if Jerry Barnes could read this he will piss himself, and the thought of that makes me giggle just a little. Installing Terry's S/C brackets on a Trilogy is blaspheme

I have already have most of the parts to pull off the install:
Trilogy S/C
Trilogy lower pully
Gortch's Brackets
03 Cobra lower intake
03 Intercooler
I/C water connectors
Frozenboost Type 100 H/E
Bosch I/C pump
I/C pump relay
I/C reservoir
90mm Lightning MAF
Ford GT fuel pump
39lb injectors
Roush 3 bolt tensioner
IAT sensor
IAT wiring pigtail

Only a few small items and the build begins.
BAP
Alt pully
belts
ribbed idler pully
water return tube (runs under the intake)

Notice I didn't mentoin a COT... Why? Because I already have a fix and its not Kelly's COT delete kit.

Stay tuned!
__________________
TVS Powered Marauder
musclemerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:53 PM   #2
Guspech Superdriller
 
guspech750's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: North Aurora
Posts: 7,074
Casino cash: $35502700
2.04 per day
Default

WOW Travis. I was wondering if you'd ever come over to the world of boost. Look forward to seeing and reading about your build.

I can not believe how long that Trilogy was for sale. Crazy long and a heck of a deal.
__________________
Go E.A.D.
Boost gets you laid.
guspech750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 10:06 PM   #3
4 Doors 4 Life
 
Zack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NW Indiana
Posts: 6,295
Casino cash: $8049900
1.12 per day
Default

Are you using the stiff silicone hoses for the cot like they use in the tork tech kit?
__________________
03 Marauder Whipple 3.4 [email protected] 715rwhp/655rwtq
03 Blue Marauder TurboCharged 620rwhp/626rwtq
93 Town Car 4V/Whipple 2.9 700rhwp/606rwtq
03 Black Marauder DD
1959 Cadillac!
Zack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 05:46 AM   #4
 
MMBLUE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 171
Casino cash: $4773400
0.06 per day
Default

Congrats to you Travis.

I never would believe I'd see the day. That was a deal of the century just waiting for a wrench like you to pick it up.

The best part of this is you posting and excited about your car again.
MMBLUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:06 AM   #5
 
musclemerc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 554
Casino cash: $7378400
0.16 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack View Post
Are you using the stiff silicone hoses for the cot like they use in the tork tech kit?

Nope, I fabricated my own COT delete that will not interfere with the S/C at all. I wanted to do Kelly's (Modularspeed) kit and call it a day, but I figured I could fabricate something that accepts larger I.D. hose, retain the stock t-stat location, keep the t-stat bypass, and still have a high spot to "burp" the system. I will post up some pics in a few days so you can critique.
musclemerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:08 AM   #6
 
musclemerc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 554
Casino cash: $7378400
0.16 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by guspech750 View Post
WOW Travis. I was wondering if you'd ever come over to the world of boost. Look forward to seeing and reading about your build.

I can not believe how long that Trilogy was for sale. Crazy long and a heck of a deal.
I think its safe to say I've gone as far as I can being N/A with a 100% stock longblock. Most of my existing N/A mods will complement the S/C system so I should easily get to 440~450HP.

Indeed it did take a long time to get the Trilogy sold. Those guys were too skeerd to fabricate the rest of the parts to complete the kit. It's kinda weird but I think it was meant for me. Last year I put a Kenne Bell (Mach1) kit on layaway through MMR, when I made the last payment earlier this Summer I got an email stating "KB discontinued the kit" and they would have to issue a refund. I got desperate and started looking for Eaton parts, then finally found the Trilogy. I would have perfered a twin screw but with my stock block the roots S/C should still make good power.


Quote:
Originally Posted by MMBLUE View Post
Congrats to you Travis.

I never would believe I'd see the day. That was a deal of the century just waiting for a wrench like you to pick it up.

The best part of this is you posting and excited about your car again.
I don't understand how "you never would believe you'd see the day". I like power just as much as anyone else.

I'm also not sure you want to start calling me a wrench, that might inflame Yolandy and make him feel a little uncomfortable. What do I know? I'm N/A and just too stupid to understand anything mechanical because I've never had anything with boost so I may need him to school me. LOL!

I know I'm starting with a healthy engine, its been well taken care of since day 1. Regardless, I've already done a compression test on all cylinders, and a full leak down test. Hmmmm... Did'nt have to have a boosted car to know that.
musclemerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:08 AM   #7
 
LANDY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 58
Casino cash: $4658700
0.02 per day
Default

Its Yelandy. I dont get uncomfortable feelings. Congrats to you for the blower. People make mistakes.
LANDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:23 AM   #8
 
MMBLUE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 171
Casino cash: $4773400
0.06 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by musclemerc View Post

I don't understand how "you never would believe you'd see the day". I like power just as much as anyone else.

I'm also not sure you want to start calling me a wrench, that might inflame Yolandy and make him feel a little uncomfortable. What do I know? I'm N/A and just too stupid to understand anything mechanical because I've never had anything with boost so I may need him to school me. LOL!

I know I'm starting with a healthy engine, its been well taken care of since day 1. Regardless, I've already done a compression test on all cylinders, and a full leak down test. Hmmmm... Did'nt have to have a boosted car to know that.
I'm stunned by your response... I thought we were better than that... Good luck.
MMBLUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:28 AM   #9
 
musclemerc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 554
Casino cash: $7378400
0.16 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMBLUE
"Travis is a big boy and he can take care of himself"
Get inline being stunned...... Been there done that...... Now you know how I felt......

You sat there silent as Yolandy threw all those bombastic comments at me and said NOTHING. When other members called BS on his allegations you got belligerent with them and had the thread locked.
musclemerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:49 AM   #10
 
MMBLUE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 171
Casino cash: $4773400
0.06 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by musclemerc View Post
Get inline being stunned...... Been there done that...... Now you know how I felt......

You sat there silent as Yolandy threw all those bombastic comments at me and said NOTHING. When other members called BS on his allegations you got belligerent with them and had the thread locked.

The key to that was he thought it was you and found out it wasn't you and backed off. I immediately contacted him and told him that the person he was bashing wasn't you and he fixed it. You can tell by his responses that he realizes what he did and said was wrong and continues to take the high road by his recent post to you saying that "people make mistakes and good luck with the boost".

I will continue to take the high road on this topic.

If your pissed because of that, then I guess you didn't realize that I was working behind the scenes to straighten out the communication breakdown on the situation. I thought you knew me better than that. Good luck with the Hybrid TS and I know you'll be getting a shit load of smiles and giddish laughs because of it. Power is contageous.
MMBLUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:06 AM   #11
 
musclemerc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 554
Casino cash: $7378400
0.16 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMBLUE View Post
The key to that was he thought it was you and found out it wasn't you and backed off. I immediately contacted him and told him that the person he was bashing wasn't you and he fixed it. You can tell by his responses that he realizes what he did and said was wrong and continues to take the high road by his recent post to you saying that "people make mistakes and good luck with the boost".

I will continue to take the high road on this topic.

If your pissed because of that, then I guess you didn't realize that I was working behind the scenes to straighten out the communication breakdown on the situation. I thought you knew me better than that. Good luck with the Hybrid TS and I know you'll be getting a shit load of smiles and giddish laughs because of it. Power is contageous.
This is the last comment from me on this subject. I dont want to cloud my thread with unessarry bullshit.
Maybe you need to read your thread:
http://www.thechicagogarage.com/forum/marauder-tech/123833-getting-blown-3.html

Yolandy clearly stated "he apologized to the guy he felt it was owed". His comment this morning about "people make mistakes" is clearly directed towards me, insinuating I made a mistake on your car and caused it to blow on the dyno. There was no high road taken from either of you. There were no apologies directed towards me publicly or in private.

I took the high road by not getting into an internet fight with either of you.

DONE!!!!
musclemerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:13 AM   #12
Guspech Superdriller
 
guspech750's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: North Aurora
Posts: 7,074
Casino cash: $35502700
2.04 per day
Default

About the Trilogy. Too many people asking "what else is needed blah blah blah". "my engine has X-amount of miles will boost be ok blah blah blah".

For fuck sakes. Just buy the damn thing and worry about the other parts later.

They were skeeeeeerd for sure.

Look forward to your write up and pictures. You always wrote well thought out builds for the "masses" to understand.(Can't cater to the stupids)
guspech750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:24 AM   #13
 
MMBLUE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 171
Casino cash: $4773400
0.06 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by musclemerc View Post
This is the last comment from me on this subject. I dont want to cloud my thread with unessarry bullshit.
Maybe you need to read your thread:
http://www.thechicagogarage.com/forum/marauder-tech/123833-getting-blown-3.html

Yolandy clearly stated "he apologized to the guy he felt it was owed". His comment this morning about "people make mistakes" is clearly directed towards me, insinuating I made a mistake on your car and caused it to blow on the dyno. There was no high road taken from either of you. There were no apologies directed towards me publicly or in private.

I took the high road by not getting into an internet fight with either of you.

DONE!!!!
I guess you don't recognize that I CONSTANTLY go to bat for you. So, like you said" Travis is a big boy and can take care of himself" No more support from me. You are right" I guess this is ALL sensless Bullshit.

Have fun with your Bullshit.
MMBLUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:25 AM   #14
I eat dirt
 
ilikemtb999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 68,428
Casino cash: $30463000
15.97 per day
Default

Maurauder peeps have more drama then a highschool girl clique. What's with that?
yjmud likes this.
__________________
85 blazer.........turbo, 1 ton axles, some stuff
70 Buick GS.......resurrection in progress
10 Tahoe SSV lowered Baja edition
14 Caprice PPV woop woop
ilikemtb999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:30 AM   #15
 
MMBLUE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 171
Casino cash: $4773400
0.06 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikemtb999 View Post
Maurauder peeps have more drama then a highschool girl clique. What's with that?
At least we are talking about shit.

Speaking of shit.... Don't fill this thread up with senseless bullshit.
MMBLUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:34 AM   #16
I eat dirt
 
ilikemtb999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 68,428
Casino cash: $30463000
15.97 per day
Default

A bit late for that isn't it?
ilikemtb999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:14 PM   #17
Guspech Superdriller
 
guspech750's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: North Aurora
Posts: 7,074
Casino cash: $35502700
2.04 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikemtb999 View Post
Maurauder peeps have more drama then a highschool girl clique. What's with that?
We have vertical slits down below, a trunk full of tampons and proud.
guspech750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 06:50 PM   #18
Muthafucka Jones
 
Jon01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 269
Casino cash: $8903200
0.10 per day
Default

It took forever to sell because it was way overpriced for what you were getting.
$1600 for a drivers side inlet M112 was insane. That's approaching 2.3 Whipple territory.
All so everyone could suck you off because IT'S A TRILOGY!!!!111!!!

That rant aside, good luck with it and good on you for giving the finger to the nut swingers and shit talkers.
Jon01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:45 PM   #19
 
Bodyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Warrenton,MO
Posts: 203
Casino cash: $4799300
0.06 per day
Default

Travis You mentioned Hotford upgraded to a Trilogy T/S? I thought he went rt side inlet "2.3 Whipple"
__________________
2004 Marauder SB 8:5.1 Alluminator 2.3 Whipple 545/556 Tuned by Tim B. @ Norms garage..Built by Z Man
Bodyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:53 PM   #20
 
musclemerc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 554
Casino cash: $7378400
0.16 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon01 View Post
It took forever to sell because it was way overpriced for what you were getting.
$1600 for a drivers side inlet M112 was insane. That's approaching 2.3 Whipple territory.
All so everyone could suck you off because IT'S A TRILOGY!!!!111!!!

That rant aside, good luck with it and good on you for giving the finger to the nut swingers and shit talkers.
IDK, for an almost new blower the price wasn't too bad. I know for a fact this will be the best on the cheap Trilogy kit ever. An Eaton Swap runs between $3000.00~$4000.00 (not counting a tune). I'm a member on just about every modular forum on the net. With that said I've made ALOT of friends. When you have friends they dont mind passing parts along to you on the cheap.
Example: Derek (95SC) has been selling a ton of cobra parts for years. I must have sold atleast 80 sets of COP's for him. When I need a part for myself he makes sure I get a deal, sometimes he tells me to just pay for shipping. You cant beat a good barter!
So far even with the $1600.00 Trilogy I will be at a cost LESS than an Eaton Swap. So far I'm out of $2700.00 all I need is a BAP, SC belts, pullys, water return tube, and a set of intake gaskets.

P.S. I never walk away from a good fight.
Jon01 likes this.
musclemerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:57 PM   #21
 
musclemerc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 554
Casino cash: $7378400
0.16 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodyman View Post
Travis You mentioned Hotford upgraded to a Trilogy T/S? I thought he went rt side inlet "2.3 Whipple"
According to his sig on MM.Net he's got a Trilogy TS I think he may have made Jerry Barnes an offer he couldn't refuse and got the T/S. I think thats why the unit I got (when he originally posted the for sale ad) didn't have an intake plenum, because it was swapped over to the T/S

I can ask him if he has a Whipple but I dont think so

EDIT: I checked the original for sale ad and he does not have a Whipple. Magnuson made the Trilogy TS and thats what he has for sure. LOL! Check out Natehawk and Defyant's first remarks thinking it was a TS for sale

http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=78317
musclemerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:59 PM   #22
Guspech Superdriller
 
guspech750's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: North Aurora
Posts: 7,074
Casino cash: $35502700
2.04 per day
Default

Shit, even if you bought the Trilogy and all parts for $4,000 or more. You'd still be way ahead of the cost of a new T-kit.

You've done good Mr T.
guspech750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:42 PM   #23
God Speed Blues Brother
 
SC Cheesehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 273
Casino cash: $4753900
0.08 per day
Default

Congrats, Travis! You're gonna love boost!
SC Cheesehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:50 PM   #24
4 Doors 4 Life
 
Zack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NW Indiana
Posts: 6,295
Casino cash: $8049900
1.12 per day
Default

Hotford has a 2.3 Whipple and lysholm made the compressor for the T/S kit.
Hotford is an active member on this site.
Zack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:35 AM   #25
 
hotford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: pickering,canada
Posts: 22
Casino cash: $4630100
0.01 per day
Default

DRAMA HOLY fACK..............
It took forever to sell because it was way overpriced for what you were getting.
$1600 for a drivers side inlet M112 was insane.
Over priced my ass!!!!
Like I told travis if it didn't sell I would be using it for a door stop!!
this was a great deal....Thanks Travis you were the only smart one out of hundreds that couldn't see what it was......... maybe most MM owner are just TIGHT ASSES!!!!
Sure I guess you could go the eaton swap route, but this was for someone that wanted to keep the D/S inlet and wanting a TRILOGY unit, not for every one I guess.

My MM has a whipple gear case(gen 1), jerry barnes had the last T/S upgrade items that required but the gear case which I went with Whipple as the Lysholm units are identical.
jerry supplied the mid plate, snout, adaptor plate for rear inlet, new rear inlet for external by-pass and by-pass valve.
hotford is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.6 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
no new posts