• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Boosted.... review.....complete

MMBLUE

Regular
Apr 27, 2011
For the last couple of days, I have been driving my MM. Now, it's got the Novi 1200 (Napolitano's old blower, thanks Levi) and a low mileage well taken care of 62K MM motor and a JMOD to top it off. I could not be happier and can't get the smirk off my face
biggrin.gif
. This set up truly wakes this car up. She has a super safe tune in it for daily driving duties. We even took it to church on Sunday
cool.gif
. I can see how 410's would be the ticket for tire shreding. With the 355's and TC off, she barks long and loudly between 1st and 2nd. After recently driving a MM with a stall, I can see that that having a stall is the ticket for a forced induction system. In my opinion, a stall is not good for DD duties. When my car becomes a garage/show/drag queen(TWSS) i'll put a stall in it. For now, I'm happy as a Pig in shit

This would not of been possible if it wasn't for Landy's commitment and drive to get this done for me. In less than two weeks, even while working his full time job, it's alive and well
bows.gif
. With a few bumps with the previous motor
rolleyes.gif
(to say the least, old motor was on it's last leg and had shit luck with sticking an s/c on it) he ultimately gets the S/C set up and motor swapped and working flawlessly in that time frame... incredible. I can not thank Landy enough for all the great work he has done. Their is a lot of this set up that has to be fabbed and sorted out. Hats off and kudo's to Landy for an exceptional job and devotion to get it done for me
bows.gif
. Now he can get to other projects mainly, his own car and Napolitano's build.

Now up next, is all the little things to get her back up to an almost new MM. You know, upper and lower ball joints, a loop out of the front springs, rotors turned, tires, some paint work, a new tint job, and a car fixers spec alignment. Now it's time to sell/trade some parts
smile.gif

Attachments

• DSCN - Copy.jpg
    DSCN - Copy.jpg
    264 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:

Bodyman

Regular
Nov 21, 2010
Warrenton,MO
Like the others said, I have had 2 diff Vortech MM's both with Stall's (3500) & when tuned correctly they were still very mild mannered cars. I even drove one daily for and entire summer in rush hour traffic with out any problems at all. My 1st one I didnt put the stall in initely but after 4 months I opted for it and all I can say was holyshit the diff with a centri blower with a stall and a centri with out a stall is absolutely night and day. IMO the stall completes the package on a centri blow MM. My 1st MM couldnt go any quicker then 13.6 w/o stall but after I was in the 12.7 range on 9lbs boost it made a huge difference. My buddys SS camaro dogged me then after stall I was beating him. Also like Jon said a good trans cooler with it & you will be fine. Either way enjoy youre new found power theres nothing better then Boost on youre MM.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info