• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

P171 and P174 keep coming back... in hot weather

4DoorBlackTop

Addict
Sep 28, 2005
This issue was completely resolved after I changed the fuel pump relay. A month ago I pulled it with the battery disconnected to disable the car for a few days. After that the codes kept coming back and the car would sometimes die while slowing down, but it WOULD start back up without a problem and keep running.

I kept replacing the relay with autozone ones, probably at least five. Finally got a Ford one and the car felt like it did back in march... for a day. Codes came back.

This only used to happen when it was above 90 outside and I wanted to use the a/c. Now I don't use the a/c and it still happens. Anything below 85 and the car is fine, a/c used or not the car will remain fine.

Any idea why this keeps happening in hot weather? Should I burp the anti-freeze?

Stumped.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• 4DoorBlackTop
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list