• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Why Moser Axles Failed

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
Ive been reading the concerns on MM.net and I want to put the issue to rest.

Here is the pic of the break....thank god it happened instantly.

Whipple34016-1.jpg

Whipple34015-1.jpg

Whipple34009-1.jpg

I got shitty with Moser right off the bat....telling them I was gonna launch an internet drama story about it if I didnt get a refund. 10 minutes later I had a full refund on my card.

They admitted fault, and here it is:

Back then, they machined all of their Marauder axles assuming there would not be ABS rings on them. Then they hardened them and boxed them up and stuck them on the shelf.
If a customer called and needed ABS rings, they would take them off the shelf, then RE-MACHINE them!!! After they were hardened!!! FAIL.

They have since corrected this major epic no no.

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
This happened 2 years ago BTW.

I remember it like it was yesterday. I didnt want to pay 300 bucks to get towed home so I asked if I could leave it at US41 and fix it at the track during the week. Guy said sure but wouldnt be back for 3 days...LOL.

On a strong suggestion from Justbob, I went back that night and camped out in the street to watch the car. Who would have thunk not 1, but 2 different flatbed trucks drove by the track between 2 and 4am driving REALLY slow???? They saw my other Marauder I was in and just kept on going. Crisis averted fo sho.

I went to Ford at 7am when they opened, bought some axles and went back to the track. I removed a huge portion of fencing, drove in, fixed the car and took it home.

I put the fence back in the condition I found it in though. :D

massacre

Regular
May 25, 2011
Wow. That could have been catastrophic!

I never understood the whole ABS ring thing. Why don't they just put them on? I was planning on some Mosers for my car(would have to send them my old axles, as it's a '93), but even though they fixed the problem, what's to say it couldn't happen again?

I might see if Yukon can make me some...

justbob

Just a grandpa car with a vacuum leak.
Jan 23, 2010
Behind that famous burrito joint
Real Name
Bob
This happened 2 years ago BTW.

I remember it like it was yesterday. I didnt want to pay 300 bucks to get towed home so I asked if I could leave it at US41 and fix it at the track during the week. Guy said sure but wouldnt be back for 3 days...LOL.

On a strong suggestion from Justbob, I went back that night and camped out in the street to watch the car. Who would have thunk not 1, but 2 different flatbed trucks drove by the track between 2 and 4am driving REALLY slow???? They saw my other Marauder I was in and just kept on going. Crisis averted fo sho.

I went to Ford at 7am when they opened, bought some axles and went back to the track. I removed a huge portion of fencing, drove in, fixed the car and took it home.

I put the fence back in the condition I found it in though. :D

LOL I was about ready to camp in it if you weren't!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info