• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Silverbacks MM

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
Alright this thread is being started a little premature but I already have findings sort of.
The car had a bad tick and low compression in #6 as diagnosed by Pat.
Also it wouldn't pull more than 15 inches of vacuum.

Here is fix #1:

2012-04-15_09-46-59_121.jpg

Lol I put my finger over it and poof 20 inches of vacuum.
I drove the car home 4 hours today and I honestly don't have a clue what's 'wrong'
It runs and idles great. Gonna do my own compression testing next weekend then go from there. Would really sucked if I cant find anything wrong. :drums:

There were 6 marauders at the house today. :D

Silverback

Oct 19, 2011
Zack, just exactly what is that part in the picture? I don't recognize it.

Wait, is that the vacumn/boost guage?

Concerning the tic, it started on the trip back from MV9, noticed it in Arkansas, very loud. Continued ticking from Oct '011 to early March '012. Did not drive it during this time except to warm up the motor and see if it was still ticking. Did a compression test, in Oct, and #6 was much lower than the rest, which were all within a pound of each other. Gas economy went down too.

In early March, I went to warm up the car and low and behold the ticking had stopped. I did another compression test and the #6, was still low.

Pat

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
I got the heads off today and found nothing wrong with either head or pistons.
The valves had oil on the back side so we know the seals are shot. Gonna have the heads done and put it back together. Im also having both exhaust valve seats replaced in the #8 hole for piece of mind.
Ill take pics tomorrow...I was busy building a pad for our hot tub today.

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
Have you done the compression check yet? Will be interesting to see the results.

No I didnt bother. He got 240psi results in 3 of 4 cylinders and 160 in the 'suspected' hole.

Its impossible to get 240psi first of all and have a car that runs excellent to boot.

Ive driven enough Marauders, broken and not to know when something is wrong.

The heads were done and the shop found NOTHING wrong. The piston and bore is in PERFECT condition. The timing components all look great.

I will tell you the valve seals were completely hosed though.

SC Cheesehead

God Speed Blues Brother
Oct 18, 2009
No I didnt bother. He got 240psi results in 3 of 4 cylinders and 160 in the 'suspected' hole.

Its impossible to get 240psi first of all and have a car that runs excellent to boot.

Ive driven enough Marauders, broken and not to know when something is wrong.

The heads were done and the shop found NOTHING wrong. The piston and bore is in PERFECT condition. The timing components all look great.

I will tell you the valve seals were completely hosed though.

So the valve seals and the vacuum leak were the only issues? That's a good thing, yes?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info