• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

How to Build a Marauder Return Fuel System

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
Ive compiled a list of parts from Jegs to get you 99% done with this.
This list is assuming you are using one big in-tank pump (the Walbro 400lph unit from Lethal)

In my many years of doing this, Ive learned that you should only have one pump in the tank. Its just too small in there to fit any more efficiently.. Couple that with the fact its quite difficult to run additional wires to a 2nd pump, although I have done it with a Racetronix wiring harness.

Im assuming a Walbro 400 with a BAP should support 550-575rwhp safely, but I havent done any testing. You can always add a Walbro GSS392 or Bosch 044 externally for a 900rwhp capable setup.

Ive attached a .pdf of the list. Its a thousand dollars, so dont get scared. :biggthump
I have not put the time into mapping it all out for you, and Im not sure I will, lol. If you are capable of installing it, you should be capable of figuring it out.

Any questions, just ask.

EDIT: The hoses listed are Blue, I meant them to be black
Also, the Aeromotive fitting towards the end of the .pdf is wrong.
Ill try and revise this when I have time.

In addition to the list on the .pdf, you will definitely need this:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00411W9HG/?tag=tcg21-20

Link to .pdf:
http://www.box.com/s/3ur1v5dedmn6kdazcaoj

Attachments

• JegsReturnFuelSystem.pdf
    238.3 KB · Views: 57

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
....and of course you can sump your tank and use all external pump(s) but the fittings will change slightly.

I drove my MM 100 miles one way this summer in the scorching heat with 3 external pumps and they were SCREAMING when I got to point B.

I may have to add a fuel cooler.

Point is, if you drive your Marauder, an in tank pump is the best route.

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
One more thing:
This return setup is not like you usually see them.

One line in the drivers rail, out the back connecting to the passenger rail and out the front of the passenger rail.

I dont care what people say, you dont need to feed each rail and exit seperately from each rail. Maybe 850+HP but not your typical build.

Bodyman

Regular
Nov 21, 2010
Warrenton,MO
Great info Thanks Zack! Now it's time to start compyling the parts. Zack built my 04 SB Marauder for me last spring with a 2.3 Whipple, Low comp Alluminator LB Ended up a Great job short of one thing... The fuel! I opted to do 2 GT pumps and we ended up having to add a BAP on the dyno. Well bad idea, I have since fought countless fuel problems with the car. Zack brought to my attention on Dyno day that I should have done a full return style set up. As U can imagine now I wish I had at that time as I would have ended up with 0 issues since the build. Question Zack! if I add one external 044 bosch & no BAP would I have to add a cooler to be safe? Me personally would like if possible to just not have the BAP in the equation.

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
Great info Thanks Zack! Now it's time to start compyling the parts. Zack built my 04 SB Marauder for me last spring with a 2.3 Whipple, Low comp Alluminator LB Ended up a Great job short of one thing... The fuel! I opted to do 2 GT pumps and we ended up having to add a BAP on the dyno. Well bad idea, I have since fought countless fuel problems with the car. Zack brought to my attention on Dyno day that I should have done a full return style set up. As U can imagine now I wish I had at that time as I would have ended up with 0 issues since the build. Question Zack! if I add one external 044 bosch & no BAP would I have to add a cooler to be safe? Me personally would like if possible to just not have the BAP in the equation.

LOL I told you to go return style ON dyno day? Shit.

The external pump should not be on at all times, just under boost. I need to find out if you can route fuel through a non-energized pump. The less the external one runs, the better.

Bodyman

Regular
Nov 21, 2010
Warrenton,MO
LOL I told you to go return style ON dyno day? Shit.

The external pump should not be on at all times, just under boost. I need to find out if you can route fuel through a non-energized pump. The less the external one runs, the better.

Lol! Of all the discusions we had in the many months prior looking back I never really talked much about fuel system, I just assumed 2 pumps would be fine seeing all the Termi guys were doing such! Well had I really researched this I would have realized how few MM that were over 550-540HP still had a returnless set up, Not to mention what U have pointed out time & time again The fact are fuel hats are kinda a joke. When we do this though what ever we do Id rather do it with out a BAP and figure also that fuel is able to support higher HP then Ill make so I have no worries, and if there is a pump capable of doing it with just a single pump even a better option, at this point money is the least of my concerns know what I mean...

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
Lol! Of all the discusions we had in the many months prior looking back I never really talked much about fuel system, I just assumed 2 pumps would be fine seeing all the Termi guys were doing such! Well had I really researched this I would have realized how few MM that were over 550-540HP still had a returnless set up, Not to mention what U have pointed out time & time again The fact are fuel hats are kinda a joke. When we do this though what ever we do Id rather do it with out a BAP and figure also that fuel is able to support higher HP then Ill make so I have no worries, and if there is a pump capable of doing it with just a single pump even a better option, at this point money is the least of my concerns know what I mean...

If you want one pump with no BAP then you need a sump with a magnafuel external pump like Prorauder has.

BAP's are not bad...they make the pump run better and even sound better.

Bodyman

Regular
Nov 21, 2010
Warrenton,MO
If you want one pump with no BAP then you need a sump with a magnafuel external pump like Prorauder has.

BAP's are not bad...they make the pump run better and even sound better.

It's ur deal Zack! I already tried my way and it didnt work well so Iam leaving this one to You.. Atleast Ill have a few parts I can sell to help a little with funding. Will I need a FPDM? (maybe a stupd question:thinking:)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info