• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

MM 8 bolt Flexplate

taemian

Dec 8, 2011
This 8 bolt flexplate is SFI approved and verified to be correct for our cars stock TC or aftermarket TC to hook up to the 8bolt crank by JT @ Modularperformance.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/PMA-PAX28111/

Be aware this is not a bolt up without grinding the holes into an oblong shape, and a fair bit of material needs to go. My shop couldn't believe the first one from Summit was the right part, so they sent another one during my forged/Teksid rebuild. Same exact thing with both flexplates.

Just my experience??

RacerX

Regular
Nov 3, 2010
I don't get it then... This is the PAX28111 flexplate:

IMG_0522a.jpg

RacerX

Regular
Nov 3, 2010
Aight, I'm not crazy! I just pulled my engine yesterday, pulled off the original flexplate to put it on the engine stand when I got out of work tonight then remebered this thread. I laid them on top of each other and the new plate has 4 converter holes that perfectly match up. I wonder if you got the wrong one sent.

RacerX

Regular
Nov 3, 2010
Zack, you are right buddy. I saw it and it was making my spidey sense tingle. Until you said something though, I didn't fully realize. :bigthumb: I have a spacer I'm making for it. I'm not going to measure between the teeth and the ctrank mating surface, but, the crank mating surface and torque convertor mating surface. Nice catch!

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
Zack, you are right buddy. I saw it and it was making my spidey sense tingle. Until you said something though, I didn't fully realize. :bigthumb: I have a spacer I'm making for it. I'm not going to measure between the teeth and the ctrank mating surface, but, the crank mating surface and torque convertor mating surface. Nice catch!

Think long and hard about what is in bold and let me know if you change your mind. :bowrofl:

RacerX

Regular
Nov 3, 2010
Think long and hard about what is in bold and let me know if you change your mind. :bowrofl:
Washers on the TC bolts... You made me think about it sooner damn you! :bowrofl:
Hey! You said your flexplate pushed INTO the convertor meaning it was wider horizontilly along the crank axis. Right? Mine is actually shorter along that axis.
Yes, I will... measure, measure, measure...

huh?!

Jan 18, 2012
Wish I could help but not until later. Measure your 6 bolt flexplate! :wavey:

That would be the most accurate way to do it but the marauder flexplate is still on the car! Wasn't sure if anyone had their marauder 6 bolt plate laying around for the backspacing measurement.

It rained a bunch here yesterday so I didn't actually make it out to the bone yard. Actually, the more I think about it, this can be one of the last pieces assembled...I'm concentrating more (and learning as much as I can) on the cam swap right now.

RacerX

Regular
Nov 3, 2010
Well, just a quick check shows that the original MM flexplate has three steps on it and is higher than the new 8 bolt with two steps. I need to put washers on the TC bolts before I put the engine in so it doesn't pull the convertor too far forward. Either that or like I said earlier, some sort of spacer between the crank and flexplate. Or, I just look for a new flexplate. Tymensky did say this one will work, but, obviously there are differences. :picard:

IMG_05801.JPG

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info