• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Latest Marauder in for repair.....

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
I had this car in over the summer and I installed Long Tubes for him. All went well and he made great power at the dyno.
Fast forward to this past week and the car blew a spark plug out of the #4 hole (Rear Passenger Side)
No biggie, right? Go have a TimeSert put in and forget about it...... not this time.
Apparently the Ford Tech installed 2, yes TWO Timeserts and blew them both out on the test drive. Although we will never know the real truth, you have to wonder if the tech knew what he was doing. :confused:

Fast forward to yesterday and he (Ken) trailers me the car all the way from St. Louis. Within 10 minutes of having it in the garage I was able to snap this picture..... beware of what you are about to see....

2011-03-12_18-09-48_174.jpg

:eek: How in the F???????????? :eek:

I really hate to see this stuff. I get people bringing me their cars from all over the country because Ill fix it right, fast and for cheaper than anyone else. But when I see this my hopes of getting him in and out the door at a modest price diminishes.
Im pulling this head today and will have the machine shop evaluate it this week. Although I dont have a posite outlook, at least I will have tried a 'repair' before replacement.
This sucks, and it always happens to good people. :(

Ill update the pics and progress as I move forward.

Since 1964

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2004
It was cheaper for me to replace the motor at 150M miles than to do a head job because supposedly I would need much more than just the head.

I local mech, couldn't get a new hole tapped to work twice, and neither could Sutton. 1350.00 all told and was 70M mile motor which has been great so far. I think we got 195 on their now. Those heads suck.

You don't suppose me getting pissed off and putting a screw gun to the plug in order to get that BEOTCH in there caused all the trouble do ya...HA HA HA HA....yeah I did that, like I said...FKN POS!

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
Update:
98 Cobra Intake Cams have been obtained so looks like I have to break out the old degree wheel and do some work.

After PM'ing NA SVT, he advised me to set them up at 106 LC.
If anyone knows of a how-to posted on any forums, explaining the process of filing the keyway on the cam gear, then shimming the key, please post a link.
Thanks!

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
Im happy to report there is not one bit of damage to the piston.
And, for having 100k, the shortblock looks amazing.
im expecting the replacement head by Thursday then off to the machine shop to get freshened up.

Oh, I was able to pull the passenger side head with THAT header attached as well, lol

2011-03-15_15-04-40_484.jpg

2011-03-15_15-04-49_719.jpg

2011-03-15_15-06-13_975.jpg

^^^The head is toast. Whoever did the Timesert should be anally raped with a sword.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info